Monday, November 28, 2005

ROYAL BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

It has always been difficult springing a surprise for The Don. His instincts are super sharp and he always second guesses my surprise way before I bring it on. This year I was determined to succeed. I had everything planned way in advance. Booked the suite at Royal Plaza on Scotts, ordered the cake and bought him a new Nokia plus bluetooth headset. He kept hinting and trying to extract from me what I had in store for him but everytime he asked I put on an apologetic look and told him I was super broke this year so no present for him. hehehe

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the actual day, seeing how I seemed to have not made any plans, The Don went for an appointment early in the morning. I told him to call me when he was on the way back so that I can get ready. Meanwhile, I rushed to pack our clothes for the weekend stay at Royal Plaza and took a cab down to the hotel. I checked in (using his name) and waited very very patiently for his call. I conspired with the reception staff to give him a surprise.

When he finally called, I told him to meet me at Cafe Vienna for lunch. That wasn't much of a surprise for him coz we often go there for lunch. When he reached the lobby, he called me again, asking where I was. I told him to look for Ms Suet at the reception and he was given a room key. Hahahhahahaha Finally managed to surprise him. (although if I had made the reservation in my name, I'd have failed again since apparently he called up to check if I had made anyreservations in my name) The suite was super big and the service was top class. If it weren't so expensive, I'd love to stay a whole week there!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Later that night, we went to my in-laws for the kenduri do'a selamat held for The Don's birthday. We thought it'd only be family but apparently my in-laws invited a whole bunch of people. Macam kid's birthday party plak. Nasib baik takde belon. The Don was surprised to see a huge cake waiting for him. But best of all was the surprised look on his face when he opened up my gift to him. satisfaction!!!!!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Now for our anniversary next month.. I wonder what he has in store for me........

No comments: