Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank you guys for all those wonderful anniversary wishes and e-cards. Time sure flies huh? Suddenly, Its already one whole year since I officially became Mrs Don. It seems like it was only last month that we had our wedding. I can still recall every single minute of that weekend, the images imprinted vividly in my mind's eye. When other people talk about weddings, I practically hold my tongue for fear of going on & on about my wedding ad nauseum. HeHeHe. Short of Idris, who still loyally asks for our wedding dvd to be played again and again every 3 days or so, our wedding is as ancient as yesterday's last year's news. But as my Don so loves to remind me, "The wedding is but one day, the marriage, Insyallah, is a lifetime."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our plan to whisk oursleves away for a short anniversary holiday went up in smokes. Literally. We planned a quick getaway to Colmar Tropicale on the anniversary week, to celebrate our special day and also to re-live the French atmosphere of our Paris honeymoon. But things just didn't materialised. We planned this anniversary hols months back but never really got down to do the booking. When we finally tried the week before, we were told it's full house. Numerous attempts at various travel agents also failed to get us a room. The Don tried to placate me by offering to go even further than we planned. We scoured the net for Bangkok deals but our trusty travel agent said they needed more than 3 days to make the necessary bookings. The Don contemplated going up cold and pray for a cancellation at the last minute. But I declined coz it was too risky. Needless to say I was sullen and certainly didn't look forward to the weekend.

But apparently our disappointment was short lived. That same day, my cousin called to say they were planning to come down to Singapore for the weekend. We, of course welcomed them with open arms and a failed anniversary trip became one whole weekend shopping trip. hehehehe My cousin, like me, simply loves shopping. So the two of us painted the town red, pink and green while our dearest hubbies sat waiting and chatting, each silently hoping we dun burn holes in their pockets hehehhee. But burn we sure did... hehehe.

And just when I though justice had been served, as a make-up for that botched weekend getaway, The Don has agreed to book a week-long holiday in Penang + Langkawi + KL for the coming year-end hols. Looks like for the 2nd year running, we will be celebrating New Year away from home. A good deal if u ask me.... one weekend of doing nothing in Bukit Tinggi is now a week long holiday of endless shopping, good food & wonderous sights.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Happy Anniversary Darling!!!! And a big thank you !!!!
Now who says a delayed holiday is a bad thing???

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Amiruddin Karim said...

WAHHH... sungguh berjalan-jalan di ulangtahun...

hehe..

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY