Monday, June 26, 2006

The Dodo's Way It Went


My mobile just went the way of the Dodo. For no rhyme or reason (none that I could tell, anyway) the phone just went beserk. The buttons on the top part of the slider suddenly refused to work. At first it was just the scrolling buttons of up, down left and right, thereby making reading and sending sms-es a living hell for me. (but at least I could use the side scroller)

Then, similiarly out of the blue, all the buttons stopped working and the phone was as good as kaput. My phone had always had the "any button answer" turned off in case I was sms-ing and then a call came through so now I couldn't even answer the phone when it rang. I couldn't read my smses either and worst this morning when my alarm rang, I couldn't turn it off. *sigh* I so wanted to throw it against the wall in frustration but my level-headed Don urged me to send it for repair instead since it was still under warranty.

I'm sending it in today to the mobile hospital. Let's hope they give me a replacement Samsung phone as the only ones I have at home are Nokia ones and well.. Nokia and I are not really on friendly terms .....hee hee

So meanwhile I am mobile-less and incommunicado. Thank god for web-smses.

8 comments:

Amiruddin Karim said...

ahh... been there... a few times.

Phones ni manja la.. just like the cars. You hurt their feelings.. they'll hurt you even more..

hahahaha

Lisa said...

my phone too! n worse, warranty no more.

rather than i fork out $180 for repairs... i may as well... =)

Lynn said...

heh... siapa suruh beli samsung? :p belilah sony ericsson wahaha...

shsuya said...

ade mobile susah takde mobile lagi susah.*haiz..*..

beli sony ericsson eh?? boleh boleh.. sponsor lai lai.....

naniz said...

my hp switches off by itself. sigh...this is my 1st and last samsung. wait till my contract finishes, i'm gonna get a new hp.

shsuya said...

oops looks like Samsung phones have a tendency to go beserk ya? maybe its time I start being loyal to another brand... anything xcept Nokia... **Hint to my loved ones** the LG chocolate phone looks yummy...

Musang said...

why not starts using mobiles by motorola? they are good, beautiful and fab.

and one more thing, i think those sliding and clam type phones are not that tough/durable. you better choose those bar types if you want to buy a new one.

Dilip Mutum said...

Sorry to hear about your phone. Mine is already ancient by handhone standards (2 years old). Looking forward to a phone/pda combo replacement soon - if my bank balance permits.