Monday, August 28, 2006



This pregnancy is really going weird. I didn't get any of the usual symptoms every other pregnant lady seems to complain about - the nausea, the headaches, the backaches, the joint pains - but I have this instead --> Pregnancy Gingivitis!!! Of all the things and of all the times!!!! *sigh* Well I guess you've got to be tested one way or the other huh?

Starting about the second month of and continuing for the rest of the pregnancy, hormone changes affect the gums or gingiva. The gingiva is much more susceptible to irritation from plaque (soft) or calculus (hard) deposits on the teeth. An exaggerated inflammatory response can result in mild redness or gingivitis, to swelling of the gingiva between the teeth. These swellings are painless, but do bleed easily. Most pregnant women experience some form of inflamed gums even with good dental hygiene. Additionally, looseness of the teeth may be noticed, especially in the third trimester. These gingival changes usually reverse after the baby is born. - Source American Pregnancy Association

The gums on my upper left wisdom tooth seem to be bleeding and swollen and everytime I try to chew food on that side I feel pain. The gums have transcended downwards over my teeth and it hurts!! But I guess the pain is nothing compared to some of the other pregnancy ailments. So I guess I'll grin and bear it and maybe visit a dentist this weekend. No X-rays and no drugs for me so I guess there is very little a dentist could do anyway.


Oh on another note, there is a fruit fair of sorts just in front of my office. There are 2 huge stalls selling all kinds of fruits from durians to those gigantic mangoes to huge dragon fruits. But somehow the mangosteens they sell are puny and look half rotten. I keep passing by the stalls hoping fresh new stock will come but I haven had such luck. Then last night as we were watching that shameless girl Ina bare her soul on RTM1, my parents in law came with my absolute absolute favourite fruit - Mangosteens!!! They must have read my mind!!!!!

Needless to say I gorge on them till my throat is sore. Hehe. There are about 10 more left but I better keep them away before I fall sick.

8 comments:

The Misery Chick said...

I think she's a bit shameless too. But I watched bits and pieces of the show last night and I pity her. Heartbreak's very painful. But she isn't helping herself by doing all this.

Seems that she doesn't really know what she wants to do, and is just exploiting all ways to make her pain known. Or maybe other pp are exploiting her for their own means.

shsuya said...

Yeah I thnk she is being exploited but she is too "fame-hungry' to notice. Even last night's show was a ploy to get viewers to switch channel from tv3 and the wedding of the year live telecast. She is now a mockery and a sorry excuse of a celebrity wannabe. And the way she whines about past memories with that 2-bit singer (sorry Mawi fans!) can somebody pls tell her to MOVE ON WITH HER LIFE ALREADY!!!!!

Musang said...

thank god i don't care much bout either mawi or siti or ina or dato k or any wedding for that matter... too much publicities for a group of people who don't even deserve it. pffttt.

*vomit*

and uh, i know something that can make me goes sore throat too. not a fruit though. tee hee hee hee.

Lynn said...

EH! Dah sakit pun kan?
I had problems with my gums too when I was pregnant (both). They bleed easily, but not so bad lah. But I didn't fall sick though (cough, flu), and no jerawats also. Heehee.
Hope you're feeling better by now.

Anonymous said...

Hi.. take gooood care of yourself.. dis is the time when we are pampered MORE :)..hehe

Cian pasal gigi tu, well babe, it better than having piles (like moi).. errgh.. luckily it subside when I gave birth to my firstborn.. :)hahahah

Ttg Ina, she is pathetic and being exploited.. Gurl.. move on.. he's not worth it at all. But then.. kita yng mengata/mengkomen, dia yng merasa dan memikul segalanya.. Looking at Mawi, he is so arrogant and so glad to be free of his fiance/baggage !.. sheesh.. lelaki! :(heheh

Anonymous said...

if u wanna c dentist, can go wif me...me got a few dental appts line up...take care

shsuya said...

Musang --> I dun wanna noe wat else can cause sore throats!!!! hehehe NOTY NOTY YOU!!

Lynn--> A ah da sakit pun. hehe.

Saly--> Piles?? Muz b coz of those damn iron tablets rite? Yeah Ina is so deperado! And that guy acts like he's mana punya anak raja! nyampah!!!

shsuya said...

---> Joyah!!! Aku pakai mouthwash untuk gingivitis. Alhamdulillah getting better! mc 3 hari sume lu punya pasal la!!!!!

---> Mahanom: I dun want dentist lah TAKOT!!!!!!! nanti wisdom teeth aku kena cabot!!! Kasi aku make it thru delivery first can?