Thursday, September 28, 2006

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!!!

I mentioned in passing yesterday on our way home last night that it's been some time since I had a good bowl of hot piping laksa and immediately The Don suggested we get some after he comes back from his Terawih prayers in Ba'alwie. To say I was delighted would be a gross understatement. Such is the advantage of being pregnant. My every wish is a command. hehe.

I haven't had much cravings other than the usual choc bar and/or Haagen Daaz's ice cream and even then it has never been the way some pregger mom describe their cravings to me. It seems when they crave for something, they can almost taste the food in their mouths already and could scream bloody murder if they don't get it instantly. So far I haven't had one of those. For me, I just suddenly think of something and wished it was available but just in case I don't get it I doubt I would mind for long.

So we made our way to West Coast food centre, the nearest place I could think of that had a decent bowl of laksa at that time of the night. When we reached the car park, we realised that almost all of the stalls were closed. Probably it was cleaning day or something. I didn't say a word but my face must have given myself away. I think my face turned a shade of grey when I realised I wasn't gonna get my laksa.

The Don turned the car around and sped to Haig Rd. With the Hari Raya Bazaar there, he figured the stalls must still be open even though it was already 10.30pm. I was quite hesitant honestly. I didn't want to go all the way there only to be dissapointed again. I'd rather go home and go another day or even eat something else. Lucky for me, the stall was open and I finally had my big bowl of piping hot laksa.

It was a big portion and truly sumptious! The laksa tasted alright although it was quite oily. The lady was generous with her ingredients though (we were possibly her last customers anyway!) and I gorged myself silly with them. When I was done, the Don smiled at me. I must have been a sight! Never have I been so satisfied with a bowl of laksa than I was last night.




Two nights before it was Haagen Daaz ice cream. I called The Don as he was leaving the mosque and begged him to drop by a petrol kiosk or 7-11 to get my big tub of ice cream. I wanted anything chocolate but all they had were other stuff so I settled for Macadamia Brittle. I ended up eating half the tub alone. hehe

Such are the idiosyncracies of the pregnant lady. Thank God for indulging husbands!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

*looks into the magic crystal ball*

ahhh i can see it now. a cute chubby wubby baby boy!

heehee...

The Misery Chick said...

I LOVE MACADAMIA BRITTLE TOO!!! :)

Not a laksa fan, tho.

Kynne said...

Kan, now I have to ask my mum to make laksa and buy Haagen Dazs strawberry and cream. Lol. And I'm not pregnant!

shsuya said...

--> Esah power kau eh ade crystal ball?? chubby like me or the don???

--->Maya: yes!! yes!!! Next to anything chocolatey, Macadamia Brittle comes nex on my favourite HD Ice cream flavour list

-->Kynne: blum preg da ngidam kalau kynne preg cam mane eh??? kesian Mr Ikea hehehe