Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Its My Birthday Party!!!

Ok I have always loved my birthday coz the Don always makes me feel like a queen... what with the flowers, cake, dinner and the bday gift but I certainly did not expect my new colleagues to give me a "surprise" birthday party !!

I knew they ordered in food because I saw the delivery guy arrived and I knew there was a cake coz I met the cake-buyer in the lift in the morning with her huge bag. She had this "Pleze let there be a hole so I can disappear look" and I really felt so sorry for her and guilty that I didn't mention anything about the cake. But I certainly didn't expect such a big spread!! They ordered enough for an army !! And the way they celebrated my birthday was sooo very extravagant !!!

I was on the phone when I received an Instant Message that the Country Manager (CM)wanted to see me in the conference room. I peeked from outside and the room was dark so I knew something was up. I entered the room cautiously and inside was my CM in the dark holding a birthday cake with lighted candles and my other colleagues all came in after me to sing me a birthday song. Now THAT was a big surprise !! *flashback to my last birthday party when I was 7 years old*

And when I got home, I received another surprise. My birthday bouquet of a dozen pink roses plus that one essential red rose !!!

Now that for that bday gift I've been waiting for....... hehe

Ain't birthdays the best !!!!

No comments: