Monday, January 24, 2005

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation-Khalil Gibran

Oh how I hate the men in blue!!!! It seems like I have been patient forever yet still its never ending. My hubby's reservist that is!!!!! Its been two loooong weeks now and the worse has yet to come. For the past two weeks at least he was released for the weekend but this coming week, he won't even be back for the weekend. just a miserable day off on Thursday and then Friday morning he has to book in again. What luck!!!!!

I was berating our hard luck and the unfairness of it all to The DON when he related the story of his squad mate. Apparently they were married on the 1st of January 2005, had their honeymoon cancelled because they booked a beach resort in Phuket and the Tsunami made the honeymoon impossible. (and they had already made full payment!!!)and then 12 days later the husband had to go for reservist for in-camp-training. Ok now our situation doesn't seem too bad. At least we had a whole lotta fun in Paris and we had time to ourselves, albeit only for a few days, before The Don had to go. Suddenly in comparison, it felt like I didn't have anything to complain about.

Its funny how we think we are havin the worst luck in the world and then you hear someone else's plight and you think how lucky you are.

Well... I guess I've just got to make the best out of it. At least I get the chance to catch up with my girlfriends and read up all the books I have been dying to finish and basically just chill!!!! After all, when else will I get this chance when THE DON passes over ALL his ATM cards, credit cards and cheque books (signed!!) for me to hold. (Actually I have strict instructions to only use in cases of emergencies but emergencies can take many varried forms like a "craving for new shoes emergency" hehehe)

My good fren n neighbour LIZANOOR is in the same plight and together we even contemplated setting up a Reservist Wives' Club. We'll have separate sections for laundry guides & ironing guides and one section for "How to stay sane while your hubby is away (esp if u have kids)!!!" We'll even hold shopping excursions and seminars on the best sales in town....

9 comments:

Lisa said...

selamatlah... masuk reservist, rambut kena cukur. kluar reservist trus botak! heeehee

shsuya said...

oooyyy mana ader !!! masuk reservist takyah cukur lah... and i'll make sure when he comes out tak lah botak trus .... i'll leave a few strands of hair for him...hehehehehhhehehe

shsuya said...

hehehe lomantik ??? tak lah sangat ... tapi maybe sebab I suka poetry so it tends to be expressed in such terms......azya cepat cepat ah balik cian Abg D tunggu lama lama tau!!!

Francis Ford Faggola said...

Hey there... so sorry to hear about the bleh situation, at least you got the cards/cash to help you make it through, i suggest a mini shopping spree... how's the gaming coming along? did you get any new games?

shsuya said...

I was thinking about a MAJOR one... hehehe
havnt touched the game in eons... coz currently staying at my sis's but I wanna get my hands on the unrated Grand Theft Auto game!!!! any new games u bought ?

Lisa said...

woi woi... control nafsu shopping woi! bleh kena heart attack dengar ur reply. heehee...

Musang said...

GTA unrated?....you played that too???

pergghhh...power babe...

anyway, have you read shoppaholic and sister yet??

Francis Ford Faggola said...

I got Buffy, LOTR: The Third Age and DOA Ultimate... am enjoying Buffy... haven;t played the other two

shsuya said...

I played GTA unrated once at a friend's place and it was damn shiok man!!!! waiting for my hubby to come back n send the x-box for modification then can play the unrated one!!!!!! shopaholic n sister nope not yet still looking for a "free" copy I can borrow. hehehehe