Saturday, September 03, 2005

Herbie Fully Loaded

When our legs just couldn't take it anymore after a bout of shopping, we looked for something to pass the time before The Don came to fetch us. So my Umi and I hailed a cab and found ourselves at Orchard Cineleisure and bought tickets for the show that was starting next - Herbie Fully Loaded. Apparently it was opening day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Memories of late night tv watching with my late father came to mind immediately. We just loved such shows. I remember RTM2 used to play the Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo/ The Love Bug and other Herbie instalments on the night of a major festival. Those were the classics. I was mentally prepared to be dissapointed with this new remake. Remakes seldom even match a fraction of the original. But surprisingly this one was quite passable. Quite good actually. And hilarious too. I just love the way the car winks. Sooo cute. And Lindsay Lohan looks sooo good.

If you have ever seen the old Herbie movies, you've just got to see this one. You'll be smitten with Herbie. Just like Umi and I were.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: