Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Night of Celebration

To mark the flight of freedom of our best friend, Lisa and I organised a girl's night out for M. We soo wanted to do it last week but as usual my jetsetting schedule made it impossible.

The place was ideal. Quiet, away from the bustling crowd and the ambience perfect. Just what we needed. The food was in very generous proportions. Despite not eating lunch, M and I couldn't finish our plates. And it tasted great too. We were the only ones in the restaurant, it being a weekday night and all, but judging from the laughters and the squeals from our table, you wouldn't have guessed it. I pity the waiter who came to our table three times wanting to take our orders. We couldn't stop talking long enough to even look at the menu and decide what to eat.



As always we completely forgot about taking photos so here are all we managed to take. Seeing there was still time before the shops closed, M and I dragged Lisa to Orhard for some whatever-we-can-grab-before-they-close shopping at Taka. I managed to get some cutesy stuff for my nephew and niece. I'd love to put the pics up here but they are known to have visited my blog. I dun want them finding out too soon. After all I could, of course, change my mind. hehhee KIDDING!!!!

Anywhow, my knight in shining Lancer came n fetched us all from Orchard and as usual send them home. I thought the celebration was over as soon as I reached home but apparently my Don had something else in store for me.
>

Aren't they just lovely ??????? It was totally unexpected. Especially since all I have been doing of late is complain, complain and complain. Now suddenly I am softer than melted cheese. Hehehhee

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhuk uhuk! Romantic nyer your husband!!!
It's nice, isn't it to receive something so nice unexpectedly? I'm gonna leave your blog page on the screen for him to read when he gets back tonight. Heehee... But knowing him, I bet he'll close it without reading thinking that I forgot. *cry my eyes out!*

shsuya said...

hehehhe u shld leave him more hints like maybe an open Noel catalogue perhaps ....???

naniz said...

where's M now? ctt ended huh?

hmm...da last time i went to fig & olive @ bencoolen, i didnt like my pasta. it was micro serving dat i cld finish it (or probably i was too hungry)..n da taste wasnt as impressive.

but i must agree the place is great..peaceful,until we came in that is!

shsuya said...

oh really naniz. That was a pity for you. We enjoyed ours though. The food was a lot, the pasta tasted normal and the service was fantastic. Maybe they have improved? Or maybe it was their lucky day. U know how my reaction would be if it was otherwise, heheheh *the complain queen smiles*

shsuya said...

We didn't lah Kak Liza. We were all too hungry we went straight for the gourmet selection. Anyway thanks for the recommendation for the place. U were right. The place is indeed great for a girl's night out.

naniz said...

i will go there again though.

and yes, they have a prob of inconsistency actually. manusia lah..nvr perfect :)

Lisa said...

i like my bullwinkle. hehehe :) and the fact that i got my orders first! haha

shsuya said...

yeah Nani, I think u shld go there again. After all you can't b unlucky twice right ? hehehe

naniz said...

hehe...u nvr noe! maybe i shd go there with no expectations. (which is tough!)

naniz said...

hehe...u nvr noe! maybe i shd go there with no expectations. (which is tough!)

Lisa said...

ler... org pegi sana untuk makan. ngap aje ah. sedap tak sedap, layan bo layan tu ntah server PMS kot? =P

naniz said...

eh alamak..apasal i smangat sampai msg 2 kali :p

oh no no...kita bayar apa. heehee...nasib baik korang pergi, da food is good. kalau tidak, diorang kena dgr syarahan dari makcik! hehe...

Anonymous said...

I know I havn't thnk enuff you guys(sharifah & Alisa) 4 blanjaing me at Fig & Olive.I & sharifah alwys clebr8 Holiday Inn & Hyatt , I feel that Fig & Olive is a refreshing treat with cozy ambience & big porportions of sedappp food.
Nani... u miss a wonderful celebration.
Maybe u shld treat us somewhere else better???haha

Lynn said...

Shsuya! You kena tagged :D refer to my blog eh

naniz said...

Insya'Allah...kalau rezeki lebih, apa salahnya. gals nite out!