Tuesday, April 19, 2005

9 Years or 4 months???....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nine years ago to be exact......was the day we had our first date. After school, at a fast food joint 10 mins away from the school gates. I still remember the havoc the butterflies created in my stomach on that day. I must have gone to the restroom nothing less than 10 times that day to check how I look. Still, we must have made a good impression on each other cause we never looked back since.

Over the years I learnt what made him clam into a rock and he learnt what made my fire alarms go frenzy and we both learnt to avoid them like the plague. We saw each other through peaks and valleys during these 9 years - my father falling ill and subsequently leaving us, his coming of age in the National Service, getting his driving license, his first job, my first job, his first car bought from his own sweat n tears, etc etc. You could say we grew up together.

I guess we're lucky. We never had to experience most of the heartaches that came with teenage love - the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome of college-going girls with poly-going boyfriends, the drifting apart during National Service, the "let's break up for a while to see if we are really meant for each other" crap etc etc. We had a solid, firm commitment and not once did our confidence in each other and our relationship falter. Sure we had our fights n bickers but breaking up was never an option and we always knew we'd get to where we are now someday.

And now, here we are, 4 months to the day, into a marriage more satisfying than even our wildest imagination put together. Marriage has brought an intense intimacy to the understanding and love we have already been sharing for the past 9 years. It has brought us to the next level altogether. Every waking second, I am eternally grateful for the love Allah has bestowed in my heart for him and in his for me. And may this love blossom forever more.......
Happy Anniversary Darling !!!

No comments: