Friday, January 06, 2006

ITS A HOLI...HOLIDAY (PART TWO)

......con't

the first sight of Penang already got me excited. I simply love Penang. Everything about it. The great food, the friendly people, the picturesque beaches, the scenic sights and the endless shopping. I always tell The Don, if we were to relocate to Malaysia, apart from KL, the only other state I'd stay in is Penang.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A view of the Penang bridge as we crossed it.

We drove straight to our hotel on the Ferringhi beach. Our room had a balcony overlooking the sea and the view was fantastique. Since we were too tired to leave the room, our first taste of Penang food was right in our rooms, with a view to boot.

In our three days there, it seemed all we did was SHOP, EAT, SHOP THEN EAT again. For some reason, The Don this time did not complain as I dragged him from mall to mall from Island Plaza to Gurney Plaza, Prangin Mall and even Komtar. I chalked up a great deal of shopping in Penang. Let's hope when the bill comes next month The Don won't freak out. But of all the shopping frenzies, the only shopping that he truly enjoyed was at the Ferringhi Night Market.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

As my mother would say, "the only thing they didn't sell there was mommies and daddies." Everything else under the sun was available. I bought a few table runners for our new glass top dining table and many many t-shirts and jerseys. (They were already selling the 2006 World Cup jerseys) Needless to say we bought all the latest movies (and not-so-latest ones)and x-box games too.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

we even managed to catch a movie there. (My first time watching a Malay movie in a cinema all because of my Idol Awie) Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But the best thing of all in Penang was the food. Its insurmountable!! Before we actually went there, I did some research on the internet as to the best places to eat in Penang and coupled with tips from friends and families, we managed to taste many die-die-must try places in Penang.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comNasi KandarImage hosted by Photobucket.comPrawn MeeImage hosted by Photobucket.comChar Kway Teow

The prawn mee at Teluk Kumbar is simply delectable. We chose our own tiger prawns then this lady will cook. Did u see how big the prawns are?? Each plate costs RM10 but that must have been the tastiest 10 bucks The Don has ever spent on me.

The last time I was in Penang with my girlfriend, M, we visited all the major sights like the snake temple and all so we decided to skip all of them this time. But we could hardly miss going up Bukit Bendera (Penang Hill) The journey up itself is an experience I hardly got enough of the last time.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

It was almost sad when we had to leave but we'll definitely come back. For the food at least. Besides with just 3 hrs from KL we might start making it a weekend destination.

We drove our way to KL on new year's eve with a few hours before the new year. We marked the turn of the clock into 2006 at KLCC with other revellers enjoying the wondrous sights of the fireworks above the twin towers. What a sight! Cars were a standstill on all roads around KLCC as people stopped mid road to enjoy the display.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

The next day The Don and my cousin's hubby became instant addicts when they started smoking the shisha and simply can't seem to stop. We went to Bangsar to get the
moassel in strawberry and apple flavour. While I detest smoke and cigarettes the disguising sweet smell makes it quite bearable, I guess. I won't be surprised if a sheesha end up in our home one day. Let's hope its not too soon.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

The anniversary hols was a blast. We had such a great time, the week flew by in a breeze. Before we knew it we had to get back to reality. I had the time of my life. Thanks to The Don who made all my requests and shopping lists come true. Can't wait to start planning the next anniversary trip.

And while we are still recovering from the travel lag of the one-week vacation, we're off again tomorrow. This time to Pahang to attend my cousin's engagement on Sunday and celebrate Hari Raya Aidiladha at my uncle's. So till I'm back....

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILADHA TO EVERYONE

3 comments:

The Misery Chick said...

What IS wrong with your board?? Can't leave a msg!!

Anyway, GREAT PICS!! Makes me wanna go to Cameron, too!!

naniz said...

might be going to penang soon.more tips pls!especially where's da good food and shopping.

Lisa said...

selamat hari raya aidiladha to you too!

jumpanya tak lama, dah menghilang lagi. hahah =)