Friday, January 20, 2006

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is for you, my best friend,
the one person I can tell my soul too
Who can relate to me like no other
Who I can laugh with to no extents,
Who I can cry too when times are tough,

And I hope you know that I am always here
To listen to you laugh and cry and help
In all the ways that I can
And I will try to be at least half the friend you are to me.


Image hosting by Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!


I've been friends with M since we were in Pri 5, when we ended up sitting next to each other in the front row (since we were both vertically challenged) in Mrs Muthiah's class. We were both super giggly and chatter-boxes, so short of a glare from Ms Muthiah, the-anak-dara-kerepot teacher, (thats what we call her, remember Maya ?) we'd be giggling and gossipping the whole day long. Even after the glare we'd still scribble notes to each other on the foolscap on the table, a habit that we brought with us right into Sec School, where we ended up in the same school and again in the front row seats (we were still vertically challenged!!)

Needless to say, by the time we got to Sec school, we were very close. It got to a point where we needn't use words to communicate. A nudge, a raised eyebrow, or even a smile was enough to send the other roaring with laughter. I remember we used to irk some friends who tried very hard to decipher what the both of us were saying but ended up feeling more confused. We kept each other's secrets as best friends do and spied on each other's crushes. I used to collect adverts of timepieces for her and she would keep cutouts of luxury vehicles for the decoration of our respective files. We were sweet junkies and the 7-11 across the road from school was a favourite hangout. And every new movie that came to town, we were the first to go watch it. (that hasn't changed much has it?) Thanks to her, my secondary school days are days I will cherish and remember forever as the best years of my life.

We maintained our friendship all thru the years post-school. And unlike some people who has found the "love of their life" and ditch all their girlfriends (some only to look for them again during heartbreak), I maintain my friendship with M throughout my relationship with The Don and she was a pillar of strength for me during my wedding. Spending 4 nights at my house before, during and after the wedding and all the while suffering from high fever and a horrendous flu.

She is more than just a best friend to me. We are closer than I know most sisters are. She is the equivalent of a soul-mate, If I dare say so. I cannot boast of having a few truckloads of friends. But of the handful that I've got, the one I hold closest to my heart is more precious than all the riches in this world.

I must certainly be the luckiest girl in the world to have a best friend such as M. May our frienship last till the end of our time, Insyallah. Amin.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

where's the burpday gal today? didn't appear online at all!

hapi beshday to you,
hapi beshday to u,
hapi beshday to Mmm...
hapi burpday to you!

The Misery Chick said...

How can I 4get Ms Muthiah "Hairy Legs"?? She made my life living hell!!!

Anonymous said...

"a true friend is someone who thinks that u are a good egg even though he knows that you r slightly cracked"

Wow! a tribute to our frenship on my bday.i m overwhelmed.

Shsuya, my bez buddy, not a single day passes by that i m not thankful to God for ur frenship.When we're together we r a formidable may....so come what may!!!!

Thnks for being there for me...