Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Calling It A Truce!!

If you've been reading this blog long enough, you'll know that The Don absolutely abhors shopping !!! He will willingly do a myriad of things for me in the name of love (and that includes driving me to Temerloh, Pahang and returning to Singapore in the same day in a 12hr driving marathon) but shopping's simply not one of them. Especially with me coz he says I can drive a sane man crazy with my going to every aisle of every shop of every floor of every shopping centre along Orchard Rd. (He's exaggerating!!)

Well anyway, that's why I was very surprised when The Don agreed to go shopping with me last Sunday. I had a $50 Tangs voucher to use up before the end of March and I thought I'd like to spend it on him to partially pay for a new pair of business trousers. Since he agreed, I tried my luck in asking if he would like to go to Ikea with me to get bedside lamps for our room and a few other items. Surprise, surprise.. he actually said YES. Either there lingers traces of our honeymoon euphoria still or just my damn lucky day!!

But of course, I had to orally list down all the things we needed to buy and I had to give a verbal agreement to not linger unnecessarily. We zoomed in straight to the Men's Dept first, got his pants and then zoomed off to the ladies' dept where I got my stuff. We didn't even stop by the household dept (my current craze). Well..its a small sacrifice compared to the rewards waiting for me. When we got to Tangs, he got his pants which was covered in entirety by the voucher while I got for myself items totalling 4 times the voucher amount, courtesy of my generous hubby. Hey if all I need to do is be fast and then all my purchases will be borne by him then FAST I shall be!!!! After all I can always wander aisle by aisle when I go shopping with my best pal, M.

And then we got to Ikea. Due to the layout of the place, we had to follow the route (Let's not mention the existence of shortcuts, shall we!) so I managed to feast my eyes and pick out quite a trolley full. And everything whizzed past the cashier and into plastic bags without even a hint of disapproval from him. *phew*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think I'm enjoying shopping with The Don even if it means I have to grab and go. (like supermarket sweep, remember that tv game show!)I guess its all about compromise huh? After all shopping is exhilarating but shopping without taking out my wallet from my handbag is FANTABULOUS!!! hehehehe

Despite having known each other for 8 years before marriage, we still have a lot to learn about each other. His hate for shopping has always been a point of contention for me. Especially since I am such a shopaholic. After a while I guessed I made my peace with it by leaving him out of it and choosing to go shopping with my girlfriends instead. That way I can trawl all the shops I want. But now....maybe.. just maybe..... we might have reached a truce.

Next weekend shopping again darling ????

No comments: