Thursday, March 03, 2005

Movie Date With Hubby

"Never lie, steal, cheat or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. - Will Smith a.k.a Alex "Hitch", the Date-Doctor.

In what must be the most overdue item in our "Things To Do After Marriage List" is the midnight movie which we have been wanting to catch since the first day I got my wedding ring. With our hectic schedules and our endless pengantin visits, we finally got down to doing it last night. And what better movie than a romantic-comedy to re-light those flames


And we did it real "date" style. I had my usual weekly girl's night out with my best pal and had our monthly shopping frenzy. I got me this lovely pair of "work" shoes at a steal and after a hearty dinner at Eatz19 with her, I met The Don just in time for the movie.
It was a great movie!!! Definitely not one for the cynics. Or the "realist masquerading as a cynic, who is really an optimist" - whatever!!! Witty dialogue, eye-candy stars (Wow! Eva Mendes look terrific!!!) and a funny storyline, it has all the ingredients for a great movie. The ending's a bit of a rush and a teeny weeny bit haphazard but we loved it anyway. Read the review here.


As we walked out of the cinema hand-in-hand as the credits loomed, I couldn't help but notice how the gals in the crowd kept checking their watches. It wasn't too long ago when I would have done the same. (Not that I ever got the chance to catch a movie later than 9pm!!!!) I couldn't help smiling as I contemplated my new status and how much I'm lovin it. Even The Don noticed and teased me by offering his handphone for me to make my then-obligatory call to my mom to "report strength". Hehehehe.

It was truly a lovely movie date. Now who says married couples are boring ???!!!!

No comments: