Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Chameleon



Did u catch the Grammy's? And did u catch the opening act by Madonna? Oh my gawd!!! My jaws literally dropped looking at her gyrating and jumping around like that. She's 47 for god's sake!!! I didn't see a single saggy skin on her. Of course you could argue that she has been under the knife and I dun deny that but the energy she has is like a 17 year old!!!

Madonna has always been my favourite artist. I dun always fancy everything she does eg the "Sex" book but I've always been amazed at the way she re-invents herself every single time. And she knows how to wiggle her way into the limelight, whenever interest in her seems to be waning, whether good publicity or otherwise. Apparently, most of the news we read about her is engineered. Yes, even the rumoured spat between she and Mariah Carey about who should perfom the opening act during this year's Grammy's. Brilliant dun u think?

Anyhow, for the benefit of my Malaysian friends who dod not get to catch Madonna's Grammy opening act, click below to see what you missed.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

after all that knives, injections, gym classes & organic foods (maybe supplements)... yeah, it's possible. she's one fit lady.

i'll be gasping for breath & gulping water at that rate.

The Misery Chick said...

I think Madonna makes other normal moms look REAAALLY bad. But I agree. She looks damned good and fit for a 47yr old.

And I don't think that all she does is power yoga...she must have done a lot of cardio and strength training to get a body that fit.

Al Sayf said...

She's not as pretty as some of us seem to think. The power of cosmetics... it can do wonders these days. But I really have to admit that I do admire her. I remember watching her on a talk show during her "Like A Virgin" era and when asked what she would like to achieve in life, she said "I want to rule the world". It made me go "whoa!!". She may not rule the world even up till today but she has definitely influenced pop music in ways many would never have thought of or dared tread.

With regards to the Grammy performance she did, I was amazed myself. When me and my wife watched it, I was telling my wife how amazing Madonna's performance was. It was just so full of energy. That performance beat the crap out of any of Britney Spears' performance, hands down.

I'll end this with another cool quote from Madonna...

"When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it."

Note: Just 'coz I like what she says, don't mean I agree with her all the time. Where modesty and morality is concerned, Madonna just won't make a good ambassador for womankind. Not being preachy but I hope you get what I mean.

Oh... and another thing. Sure you can add me to your link section. Do let me know if you'd like me to return the favour. I'm asking because some of my readers prefer anonymity. So.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And please don't get offended if you read anything there. Most of the time, I'm just kidding. And even if I'm not, they are just opinions. Nothing wrong if they differ.

And yes, I am very long-winded. Sorry.