Thursday, February 09, 2006


It is just me or are the days really moving slower now. Its a big dread waiting for Monday to become Friday. The day just moves very very slowly. I saw a chance to escape when I realised there was a property completion on Friday afternoon and lazy me instantly volunteered my services. hehe Even half an hour headstart into the weekend is a great relief.

The Don and I came home at the stroke of midnight yesterday just in time to catch the repeat repeat of American Idol audition on StarWorld (for me, he hates it) For the very first time, a contestant actually stood up to Simon's insults and insulted him right back. In his face. Way to go man!!!! Usually the contestants just stand there meekly and accept whatever he throws at them and then choose to create a ruckus outside. But this guy (who sang a horrendous version of Cher's "Believe") stood up to him when Simon said he sounded like a woman and that he might as well wear a dress. He told Simon in no uncertain terms that he refuses to accept his insults and wishes to walk out of the room with his dignity intact regardless of making it to Hollywood or not. (obviously I can't remember his exact words. somebody help me recall!!) I have never felt like giving a standing ovation to somebody on TV before but last night, I almost did. Yeah!!!

PS: Ok ok a quick search gave me the exact words said courtesy of SmarmyCarny.com
Kenneth Maccarone #12709 - Kenneth's song was "Believe" by Cher. Not only did he sing "Believe," but he basically did a Cher impersonation. As soon as named his song and started singing, Simon dropped his head, Paula started giggling, and Randy started chuckling. After singing, he also mentioned that he could do Judy Garland as well. Simon, as with any men singing in a woman's voice, suggested the female impersonation profession, to which Kenneth said, "Absolutely not." Kenneth doesn't mind singing like Cher in front of millions of people, but refuses to cross-dress. Simon told him that he had two choices: "Sound like a female, look like a man or sound like a female and dress like a female." Kenneth argued that Cher didn't have a female voice. "Well, Simon, if we're going based on what people do and what people say, then why aren't you on the backside of a pair of jeans?" Paula, hiding behind her hands, gave a subtle thumbs-up, and Randy clapped and said "Woah! Very good!" Finally, they voted and Simon declared, "Cher, you are not going to Hollywood."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

i missed that yesterday as i was out. juz curious to know that Hispanic moment only actually...

Musang said...

OMG!! and you loves American Idol too?!!!

missed that episode, what the hell, mesti ada ulangan punya. but the thing i love most about american idol, is the host. ryan seacrest is hot. but married :(

and yes... the days are moving slower nowadays. never thought 15 minutes would feel like one hour. bosan sangat.

shsuya said...

I like the show but I think its a bit drama-mama sometimes. I get this feeling the ppl on the show purposely create drama to drive up ratings esp Simon. But I love the auditions. They RAWK!!

shsuya said...

yeah Cher sounds like a guy. to this guy's credtit I think he made a good impersonation og Cher kalau stand up comedy mungkin lepas lah. but I thinks its abt time somebody stand up to that bully!!!