Monday, October 24, 2005

Food Fiesta

Having my mom stay with us is such a godsend especially this Ramadhan. Otherwise, I'd have to rush home from work like a madwoman on weekdays. On the few occassions that I've had to cook on weekdays, all I managed to whip up was one simple dish in the limited time before breaking fast. With my mom cooking, we get a spread daily and my sanity is kept intact.

But I make it a point to cook on weekends. And to make it up to my dearest Don who loves my cooking, I always make it a point to cook something extra special for him on weekends.

Last Saturday it was roasted chicken
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and macaroni goreng
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Its hard to believe that to-date, we have not eaten out during Ramadhan. In previous years we spent more days eating out than at home. Usually, by the 2nd week, we would have covered all the major Ramadhan buffets promotion, chief of which the one at Royal Plaza. This year despite the Middle Eastern promotion and live performance by Zubir Abdullah there, we haven't made any plans whatsoever.

The record however, will come to an end tomorrow night when we will be having Iftar with our usual gang @ Amirah's Grill. It'll be a refreshing change for me but the Don says he might be having withdrawal symptoms from not eating at home. hehehhe

1 comment:

Lisa said...

tell Don not to worry. i will get his seat nearest to the gents in case stomach doesnt agree. =P