Monday, October 03, 2005

SEVEN HEAVEN

Se7en things that scares me
1. Losing the 2 most important people to me - Umi & Hubby
2. Steep staircases (overhead bridges are a No-No for me) refer to my earlier entry here
3. the dark outdoors (no overnight camping for me!!!)
4. road accidents (possibly due to the fact that I lost a loved one in a road accident)
5. Creepy crawlies (eeuuww!!)
6. That I will be a grumpy, nyanyok, old woman in my old age.
7. That I should die before I am fully prepared to face my Maker

Se7en things I like most
1. SHOPPING (enough said!)
2. Being treated like a Queen by The Don
3. Staying in bed on a rainy day reading a book (with a mug of Monbana Hot Chocolate)
4. Chocolates
5. Long car rides
6. Being around my Malaysian side of the family
7. Payday!!!!

Se7en most important things in my room
1. my King-sized Sealy bed
2. my satin quilt
3. my alarm clock (w/o which I'd reach the office even later than I usually am)
4. my built-in 12-foot long wardrobe (Which I am already running out of space in)
5. that box of tissue + Vicks Vaporub for my never-ending flu
6. My drawer of treasures - knick knacks from childhood, birthday cards collected over the years and love letters from my Don
7. the books by my bedside that keeps me company before The Don comes to bed

Se7en random facts about me
1. I don't eat taugeh. the smell makes me nauseous.
2. I dun like mushrooms
3. I dun need a pillow to lie my head on to sleep. All I need is The Don's arm to sleep. Suddenly I know the meaning of "berbantal lengan"
4. My hands are itchy. I can't spy on a price tag w/o feelin the itch to remove them. Or a tissue paper w/o tearing it into pieces. My frens have been known to grab away anything I hold for fear of destruction. hehehe
5. Despite being a section leader in BT Band and the one to give marching commands, I have problems defferentiating left and right. When someone tells me "Right" I take 2 seconds to think where is my right. hehehehee
6. If I were a non-believer, I would have thought I was reborn into the body of a Queen from long ago. I can't wear costume jewellery or I'll get rashes. Even my brooches cannot come into contact with my skin. Not even gold plated stuff, only REAL gold/white gold/diamonds. Can't wash dishes using liquid detergent other than GLO or else my hands gets all reddish n itchy. Can't be without aircon/fan for long or else I get inflammation of the skin.
7. I dun ever look at price tags and/or receipts. If I bought 3 things from a shop, dun ever ask me how much each one costs. I won't know. I once queued at the cashier to pay for my Cosmopoloitan magazine at KLIA. I got a shock when the cashier said "RM37.50, please". What to do? Just pay lah.

Se7en things I plan to do before I die
1. Go for Hajj with my Don
2. Be a better Muslim
3. Go to Paris and retrace all our wonderful honeymoon memories this time with kids in tow.
4. Make enough money to shop to my heart's contents
5. Learn to drive (finally??)
6. Write a book
7. Leave a legacy, something my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will know me by.

Se7en things I can do
1. I am a fully functional wife - ie. I cook for my husband daily, clean the house, do the laundry, iron etc etc despite holding down a job. No eating at Mom's or In-law's for my family.
2. I can speed read. I can finish a novel in 2 days max. I once finished Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy in 10 days, all of its 1500 pages. (I didn't skip pages, really!!)
3. I have great instincts. Proven yet and yet again. In the 9 years together, my Don has learnt the hard way by not listening to my instincts. Now when I tell him I feel something, he listens w/o arguments. (mcm psychic plak)
4. I can stay awake for 48 hours straight. Tried and tested. Actually I dun really need that much sleep.
5. I can tahan not going to the toilet for one whole day. No. not a case of holding it in. I just don't feel the urge but the moment the car enters the MSCP everyday, I will tell The Don "Quick..I need the bathroom" The urge just comes naturally. I guess nothing like ur own potty huh?
6. I can memorise well. Birthdates, phone numbers ... its like I have a special compartment in my brain for these things. I still can remember The Don's first handphone number (and he has had many) and all 18 nieces and nephews birthdates.

Se7en things I can't do
1. I can't do maths. Not even simple ones. My mind just goes blank when I see numbers. I suppose I could if I tried, seeing how I aced my maths at O levels but I ain't gonna do it.
2. I can't say NO nicely. Either I am nice and say YES or I say NO in such a way that the other person backs off instantly. Very useful when dealing with persistent salespeople but tricky when it comes to elders and relatives.
3. I can't pretend. Can't lie even if I will myself to do it with all my heart. Not even for courtesy's or propriety's sake Eg, Say I go to someone's new house and that person shows me around eagerly, showing her best buys and asks expectantly "cantik tak?" ("Nice right?")If i dun think so, I can't make myself say Yes even though I know it will mean so much to him/her. At most I'll smile or give a non-committal nod.
4. I can't hang out the bamboo pole for my laundry outside my kitchen window. I dun noe if its bcoz I'm vertically challenged or just that I have no strength or that I am manja (hehe) But my Don hangs out the laundry for me. If he's not around then I'll just hang them indoors in the kitchen.
5. I cannot sleep early. The earliest I can sleep on a normal night is eleven even if I have to wake up at 4.30am the next day. I envy those people who can sleep at 9 or 10.
6. I can't stand people who are calculative. People who count every single cent and how mny satay sticks one should eat. (u noe what I mean) And I keep far far far away from such people. (Uurrgghh!!!)
7. I have no sense of direction. Totally zero. The Don drives me to work everyday and you would think I know the location by hard but if you ask me to guide someone else I will surely lead them astray. (I once led my Malaysian uncle to Jurong West instead of Eunos Crescent. Dun ask me how!)

Se7en words I say most
1. "Dar..."
2. "I love you"
3. "OK lah"
4. "Umi"
5. "what?" (when somebody interrupts me)
6. "Giller ke aperrrr?"
7. "hello" (manyak calls mah)

Se7en celeb crushes
1. Jason Priestly (of BH90210 fame)
2. Fandi Ahmad (oh how I went crazy for this guy)
3. Tom Cruise (I still have the hots for this guy although I dun like his cradle snatching ways)
4. The voice of Ustadz Asri (lead singer of Rabbani) (I dun think he went into singing so that young girls will have crushes on him or his voice but really he sounds really really good)
5. Aamir Khan (Go watch "Dil")
6. George Michael (ooohhhh)
7. Jon Bon Jovi

Se7en people I'll love to see doing this
alamak... I'm gonna get brickbats for these
Oklah no obligation if u wanna do it, do it ok otherwise 4get it.
1. Lisa
2. Naniz
3. Maya
4. Naz
5. Musang
6. Ridz
7. Adam

3 comments:

Lisa said...

yikes!

now i have 2 tags to do. like some blog-work. hahaha =P

naniz said...

agghh!! me too! gdness! n i noe who counts the satays :p

Musang said...

people do count satays other people eat?

ish...

dahsyat nye...

tak penah lagi jumpa...selalu main bedal aje. dah kenyang stop.