Saturday, May 14, 2005

Relegation & Celebration

As usual Friday was my Girls' Night Out and this time I had 4 lovely ladies with me ---> M, Lisa, Maya & Naz. And as usual too, we brought the house down wherever we are, this time at the humble old Pizza Hut outlet at Cozway Pt. M and I displayed star karat tendencies by being almost an hour late leaving our girls waiting famishedly. I swear if we were 2 mins later then we were, Naz would have swallowed, chewed my head up and spat it out. hehehehe Sorry gals... We won't do it next time... I promise. One of the many reasons we were late was because we couldn't decide what prezzie to get for our dear friend Lisa who will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow. We finally ended up at Swarovski and aided her initiation into the "Bling Bling Sisters" club. Swarovski is only the first of many steps towards "Nirvana". (which can be anything between a 5-carat Cartier ring or the Centenary 599-carat diamond depending on how high you set your target) (or how rich a husband you can get...oh my god I'm a scheming bitch! Ooops did I type that out loud?)

Well, speaking of birthdays, yesterday was my MIL's birthday and The Don and I nearly didn't made it in time, arriving just 20 mins short of midnight. We surprised Ibu, with a birthday cake. And boy was she touched.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Doesn't that just make you wanna drool?

Just 4 months into the marriage and looks like I have lost the top spot in The Don's list. I've been relegated to 2nd place by his renewed interest in his Nitro RC cars. Ever since we started getting busy with the wedding and the house, his two nitro cars were safely tucked in the topmost shelf of the storeroom, away from prying eyes and itchy hands but now that he has exhausted all 500 activities to share with his new bride and I have exhausted all 500 excuses to keep him at home on weekends, (dun worry I will come up with more) he has started going to the tracks with his cars.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Don's Porsche 996 (now if only it was real..)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
But having said that, these things are quite fun. I tried my hand once at it but a near accident involving water had The Don giving me a lifetime-membership as an audience. And just last week, he burnt money buying a digital transmitter (or whatever these things are called) so that he and his best friend can play the cars at the same time. Apparently the current transmitters of the two cars had the same frequency or what-not. And by golly, these things cost a bomb. A huge one. I'll never, ever let him tell me I have an expensive hobby ever again !!!

No comments: