Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today's gonna be a horrible day. There is a fire drill scheduled in my office building today between 3 and 4 pm today. The stupid alarm will ring and then they expect us to file out of our offices. Then we are supposed to assemble at the open carpark adjacent to my office building. Man! What do they take us for? Schoolkids??

I now some people would relish the thought of getting away from your desk and lest you think I'm too much of a good worker to walk away from my work. Image hosted by Photobucket.com Think again.

I dun want to go down the stairs thats why. I have this
thing with staircases. I hate them, actully I have a phobia for them (read my entry on my phobia for staircase) and I certainly do not look forward to the idea of going down 14 flights of stairs. Thank the lucky stars my office is on the 7th floor and not 17th or worse 37!! If it were I'd certainly take MC today.

The management used to hold fire drills on Saturdays and my office was spared coz we work on a 5-day basis but this year onwards they changed it to weekdays instead. The first fire drill of this year happened sometime in March and when the alarm went off, all of us in the office went as quiet as mice, switched off all the lights and locked the door. (Juvenile behaviour, I know!) When the fire warden knocked on the door we all played dead. The next day the security guy came and asked why there was no attendance from our firm at the assembly area. We said we had no idea. Hehehe But I think he has caught on to our tricks. This time, he poked his botak head at our office yesterday to remind us of the fire drill today and before he left, slyly said, "Hope to see you all there". Idiot!!

Ok ok I noe its good to be prepared and to practice the drill in case there is a real fire yada..yada....yada. But seriously, we feel like bloody school kids the way they are treating us. And its a damn waste of time.

I wonder how I should make my escape this time. Maybe I shall make some excuse to go to the Court library for some research and while the time away while the rest of my colleagues weather it out in the carpark under the scorching sun or worse, rain. hehehehe (rubs hands in glee) Or maybe I shall feign illness and take the second half of the day off. UUrrrgghhh I need a plan. Pronto!!!!

No comments: