Thursday, June 23, 2005

LOST IN LOVE

The Don told me on Monday to keep my Thursday evening free. (ie. no shopping after work and no girl's night out) He wouldn't say why but he said it with a gleam in his eye and a sly smile, making me instantly suspicious yet intrigue. I had a feeling he has more things up his sleeve. My darling Don is turning into a magician isn't he? He seems to have stuff up his sleeve all the time. Next, he'll pull a rabbit out of his sleeve, hehe. (or a diamond ring, preferably)

So anyway, every chance I get I prod and coax him to tell me what he had in store for me on Thursday but he wouln't let up. I tried every trick in the book - "I need to know where we are going so I can dress appropriately" to "Pleaseeee tell me for the sake of my fledging sanity where we are going. I can't stand not knowing!!" - but he just wouldn't say!!!

It was midnight last night, as we sat and chatted about the awe-inspiring seminar we had just attended conducted by Ms Wendy Kwek, Sprit of Enterprise Winner of 2004 when The Don suddenly blurted out that we were attending a concert tonight. The Air Supply 30 Years Concert. AND WE HAVE FRONT ROW SEATS !!!!! (4th row from the front is FRONT ROW enough for me!!!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
When I first heard the super Duo was coming to Singapore for a one-night only probably last concert, I did mention to The Don that it would be lovely to go.
Yes, Air Supply is sooo not "our time" but we love their songs all the same. The Don mentioned that the promoter company that is bringing in the duo is his client and that he will see what he can do about getting good seats. And then, as usual, I forgot all about it. All until last night.

It seems the concert is a sell-out one. Tickets sold like hot cakes as soon as they were released and right now only single seats remain in all categories. It really helps to have my Don so connected. Makes life a whole lot easier to live, dun u think ? Either that or I'm plainly the luckiest gal in the world. Sure feels that way right now.

Thank you darling.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! Air Supply!!! I'm so jealous...!

Musang said...

macam my story plak.

WA once wanted to surprise me. He kept it as a secret until the day of the concert. And me being me, so fuckingly intrigued, ask him and pestering him wherever, whenever and with what ever I can to dig out. Sampai bergaduh.

Yang kelakarnya, kitaorang gaduh masa hari yang he supposed to surprise me.

Yang sedihnya, I was so mad, I don't care what tickets he had bought, I just don't want to go.

It was Mariah Carey Concert.

He gave the tickets to his sister.

:(

sedihnya tak dapat pegi concert MC.

Musang said...

And uh... Happy Belated Birthday darling...

muaahs muaahs...

shsuya said...

Musang ... u are a real life example of "curiosity kills the cat"

naniz said...

tell me about connections! the last time i went for the air supply concert (was it last yr or da previous yr?) was for FREE! and it was superb! u can c everyone dancing and simply swaying their body esp when they sang Goodbye... sighh....