Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Fever Is Here


World Cup is not till June but somehow the fever has arrived 2 months early at our house. My dearest Don who hasn't played soccer since his NS days has suddenly picked it up again. Now he plays quite regularly with his mosque buddies. Apparently they practise every weekend but The Don only joins them for matches every fortnight. (step terror hubby aku ni!)

His soccer boots haven't seen the light of day since he brought it from his parent's place into our home. When he first dug them out from the store room, I took one look at it and told him to keep it as away as humanly possible from me. They looked quite worn out and dirty to me but he insisted that they were in perfect condition. Two matches later, he asked me to accompany him to Queensway to get a new pair.

Queensway was as dinghy as I remember it being back in my schooldays. Ok perhaps a little bit brighter but the shops were all just as I remembered them. We went shop by shop by shop but he still didn't find a pair that struck a chord in his heart.


At the 6th shop on the 1st floor (we started from the topmost floor) my Don finally got his heart's desire....


ADIDAS PREDATOR PULSE

He narrowed his choices to two boots actually. One was a white with yellow studs Nike and the other is the one you see above. I never liked yellow anyway (yellow yellow dirty fellow) so I chose this one for him. And he got it at quite a steal it seems. (I wouldn't know anyhow) If anything, I wondered why something you use to kick in mud and grassy swamp costs hundreds of dollars. I took photos of the way it looked now coz I shudder to think what the boots will look like after a match.

So now that he's happy that he has got his boots, my turn to drag him to Nine West for a couple of pairs for me. *grins*

4 comments:

naniz said...

ooohh..i love the red soccer boots! especially cos it's Adidas! My favourite! I had a female poly fren who wears soccer boots everyday to school as if they were sneakers.
and I baru ingat nak gi Queensway...been a long time!

Lisa said...

y Don skips practices huh? to avoid running rite? heehee!

his soccer boots so red... dun walk too much in the field, can see. =P

shsuya said...

--> Kak Liza : Alamak kak Liza u also like Germans? Same lah u n Don. I sokong setia France (ade Zidane)hehe

Eh ok ape Amir masuk soccer training boleh ajak Abg Idris sekali. Abah Amir takut anak die kalahkan die tak? hehe

--> Naniz: wear soccer boot everyday?? da takde kasut lain ke aper??

---> Lisa: Don kata die dun need practise hahaha

naniz said...

tu lah! macam style gitu :p