Monday, March 13, 2006

Potatos Potatoes

There is an absolute valid and sound reason why I haven't been updating my blog. When The Don went to get a tv + entertainment system for my mother as her birthday present (and automatically entrenching himself as the favourite son-in-law title holder), he also brought home an LCD tv for our bedroom. It was a totally spur-of-the-moment decision as we never intended to put a tv in our room. With the recent slashing of prices of LVD tvs I guess the price was just too good to say no. While I initially didn't like the idea of a tv in the room, I must say I was swooped off my feet and was instantly converted when my eyes chanced upon the cystal clear image emitting from the google box and the sleek lines of the flat tv set.



So now the tv is the first thing we on when we wake up from our slumber and the last thing we see before we doze off to dreamland. (actually thank god for timers otherwise the tv would still be on in the morning. )We know what relationship experts say about having tvs in the room. But we bet they said that coz they dun have tvs in their room hehe. Besides the extra tv really comes in useful on Fri nights when he wants to watch WRC Rally on AXN and I wanna watch Midsommer Murders on Hallmark. So to say that having a tv in the bedroom is bad for the relationship, au contraire I'd say.

In fact the tv is so delicious that I've begun a campaign prodding The Don to change our living room 21 inch box tv set into an LCD set as well.(or wait!! perhaps a Plasma ??) Despite the probability of having my plan met is almost equal to that of SDP winning the 2006 Singapore election and forming a new government, I will keep on trying.

Ever since we got the LCD tv, suddenly all the programmes on tv seemed interesting. And our twice weekly night walks have been shelved to god-knows-when. Suddenly we have become .......

4 comments:

naniz said...

haha! breakfast in bed, dinner in bed, supper in bed...hmmm...make sure no potato chips on your bed!

Musang said...

omg... you guys really have become mr and mrs potato. hahahahak.

jangan banyak nonton tv. rosak mata. but midsommer murders.. classy. mencabar minda sangat. nak tau sangat sape the killer in every series.

shsuya said...

Naniz... we may be couch potatoes but strictly no food in bed unless its for a purpose other than eating of course... hahaha

Musang..... Yeah Midsomer is great ain't it? Don likes it too although he says its 2 slow. But whenever WRC is on, he'd hog the remote. hhmmpphh!!!

naniz said...

food fight!