Friday, March 24, 2006

What Were We Thinking???

Image hosting by Photobucket


The Don and I, for lack of something better to watch, ended up watching Knight Rider on Star World last Saturday. I remember back in my primary school days, I used to watch it religiously on Thursday nights. I was so fascinated by the series that I wouldn't miss the show for anything. To me, that was the coolest show on Earth and I imagined having my own car named Kit. Apparently The Don was also a big fan. He has never bought a book in his life but he saved up to buy a Knight Rider book just because. And he too wouldn't miss the show for the world. But somehow, all we ended up doing on Saturday was laughing while we watched.

Suddenly the show seemed so cheesy and ultra-lame. The stunts (if it can be called that) were laugh-worthy and the explosions happened a good 2 sec after the hero finished jumping to safety. Yet he was writhing in pain. We have never laughed so hard at an action-packed show. Even Kit the car was not impressive anymore in our eyes. We wondered how come we were so transfixed and amazed in the past. We must have been so gullible. And looking at Hasselholf post Baywatch, he is suddenly so bleagh!!!

Just as we recovered from all that laughing and kutuk-ing, came another show we will never tell our kids we loved. The A-Team.



I remember that show best for Mr T. My mom said that whenever we went to a wedding invitation and I spotted a makcik adorned with gold jewellery I will point at her and call her Mr T. Hehehe.

The plot seems paper-thin to us now and the stunts unconvincing to say the least. We bet the actors themselves would be embarassed if they saw themselves on screen now. With the advancement of technology and our exposure to more and more sophisticated shows, series of yesteryears seem dull and have lost their gleam in our eyes.

We wonder what will kids in the future have to say about the shows we love today like CSI. They'll probably laugh at our faces for being fascinated by such lame shows.

Meanwhile I found this CSI trivia quiz. Try your hand at it but if you ace it you might not wanna let your kids know.







Are you a CSI know-it-all?



WHOOOO ARE YOUUUU! You're as crazy about CSI as I am. Go us, we're losers! We know more about the show than the writers do.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

5 comments:

Yara said...

I agree with you shsuya about those old series that were so good when we were young but now become laughable. I remember so many of them like six million dollar man, wonder woman, bionic woman, man from atlantis, space 1999, etc. Guess along the way we grew up and all those shows seemed silly.

naniz said...

I remember Mr T.I think I had a small figurine of him :p Now when I watch the show all over again, he seems more like a comedian!

shsuya said...

Yeah that Mr T. He was so enigmatic on screen (to me at least) now he's even less funny than Steve Martin (who is sooo not funny anyway)

Kak Liza--> marathon u tak lari.. tapi marathon I dah lari. Jauh dari I .. hehe nak kejar pun da tak dpt

Lisa said...

itu jam, kreta Knight Rider dah kira kencang ah.

malam tido, mimpi berangan drive kreta mcm tu.

shsuya said...

Tu lah kete tu mcm best in the world kan ? Everybody's dream car