Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why Is The Sky So High?


In case u are wondering what is that sign on the left hand of all my posts... I'm in a blog marathon started by Ridj. Since the prospect of me ever joining a marathon is like ... NEVER so I guess joining this marathon makes me eligible to say for once that I was ever in a marathon. I think its a splendid idea coz the chances of me gettin found out is negligible. When u say u were in a marathon, ppl won't ask you "The running kind?" They normally assume that marathons are of the running kind. But of course they will be some who just likes asking supid questions, don't they?

Don't you just hate silly questions? When I was in school in my pre-hijab days, I get riled up when I turn up in school with obviously shorter hair and my friends actually stop and ask me "hey did u cut ur hair?" My usual retort is "No it's a wig I found on the bus on the way to school" Or when we are in a restaurant and somebody actually asks the waiter "Is this (pointing to the menu) nice?" DUH!!! Is the guy gonna answer "No its tasteless but please order it anyway or else I won't get my pay and my kids will starve". Or when you get a call in the middle of the night and you answer the phone only on the 3rd time the phone rings and the first thing you hear from the dumbo on the other end is "Sorry ..did I wake you?" All I feel like doing is throwing the phone against the wall.

But my biggest pet peeve is at family gatherings when the old folks meet a kid they haven't seen for a while and actually display their stupidity in its full glory when they ask "You're getting bigger aren't you?" I wish to God I found my acidic tongue earlier such that in my childhood days I could answer innocently (complete with big, round eyes and a tilt of the head) to the old folk "So are you! but at least I'm growing taller"

You may think I have a very low threshold and find me petty for being irritated at such little questions. I agree. They rile me up to no end. My eyes go on auto roll and I get this intense to answer an equally stupid reply.

Why do people ask stupid questions? Is it to make up for the otherwise silence? Or a way of being polite ? Or perhaps they are just plain stupid!! Uuurrgghh!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

alamak... mcm tak biasa pulak. masuk kiri kluar kanan ler. =)

Mohd Dyan said...

best one yet...

you are coming in to work, passing through the door/gate of your company and people ask, "amacam, pergi kerja kepe?"...

or when you're going for lunch and people ask, "amacam, pergi makan kepe?"...

geez

shsuya said...

Lisa--> Kau tau lah aku mana boleh senyap n listen? sure mau jawab punya. hehe

Dhanz --> Is dis Dyan or Farhana anyway hi to u both. If I were u, I'd annswer "No its my off day today but I have grown so attached to the job that I need to come in to office anyway. Dun u feel that way too?"

Kak Liza ---> heheh u just did on Ridj's blog ? but yeah sometimes we all do. And then I feel like smacking myself.