Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Always In Line Of Sight

We had a wonderful time in KL despite it being a short trip. KL was swarmed with people what with the Perhimpunan Agung Umno going on. We managed to steal 2 of my uncles away on Friday night for a midnight supper at Kampung Bahru, although one of my uncles escape our clutches as he was busy preparing his speech for the event the next day. After we parted ways, The Don and I people-watched at Bintang Walk and drove to Bangsar. We finally retired to bed at close to 4am that night.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just as I expected, The Don would never let me go out shopping in KL all on my own. Even in Singapore, whenever I go shopping with my girlfriends, he will make sure he sends and fetches me wherever I am. And he even sends all my girlfriends home one by one. So what more in KL?

He tied up all the stuff he needed to do on Saturday, even getting his company secretary to meet him at our uncle's place instead of in the guy's office downtown. Just so that he can free up Sunday to bring me shopping. Sunday morning, we had fun playing snooker and swimming by the pool at my uncle's place. (When oh when will our house have a swimming pool too????) and in the afternoon, we left for KL. I knew he'd never have the heart to let me go on my own. Hehehe. Logistically it didn't make much sense. My uncle's place is in Kajang so to go back up to KL was a sheer waste of time what with the heavy weekend jam and especially since we will have to make the trip all the way down to Singapore anyway. But he gave in to this shopaholic wife of his, all the same. (grins)

We spent a good part of the Sunday in the Jalan Imbi/Bukit Bintang area satisfying my shopping urges. They were putting up signages and posters for the Mega Sale Carnival 2005 set to kick off on the 1st of August. Looks like I already found my reason to go back up to KL for the next trip.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Genie, inflate his wallet! =P

Dilip Mutum said...

Hope you are having fun shopping in KL. Reminds me that I have start buying stuff for our new apartment.

Anonymous said...

kl???bring me along nxt time!!!!!heheheh

Musang said...

you came, you saw, and you about to come again?!!

that's a very bad of you not telling me you are around kl this week. very very bad. we could hang out together people-watching. with holden.

019-300-2947. call me whenever you are in kl again.