Thursday, July 21, 2005

Food For My Soul

On the way back from work yesterday, I was already planning to cook my Siakap (seabass) sweet n sour for dinner but my Don insisted we go out for dinner. The prospect of no cooking = no cleaning up greatly appealed to me so of couse I agreed!!! hehheee. We drove around for a bit not knowing where to have dinner and ended up at Lestari Yishun where we had steamboat !!! I have been wanting to eat steamboat since I saw an ad on the website of the hotel in Terengganu. Unfortunately while we were staying at the hotel, the restaurant was holding a function so no steamboat was available. Attempts to find steamboat elsewhere in Terengganu was futile. So you can imagine what a treat last night was for me.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We took a leisurely drive around the whole island after dinner. We had an absolutely interesting discussion about filial piety, about what it means and the reason you practise it. Our intellectiual discussions are a major food for my soul. We can have anything from a light discussion to a really heated debate, depending on the issue and what our individual take of it is. All in the name of intellectual discussion. No matter what the disagreement, we always agree to disagree and it does help that at the end of the day, even if we can't reach a compromise, we have other ways of making up. Perhaps some people do not value this particular trait in a relationship but intellectual stimulation is important to us. It keeps us growing as individuals and as a couple. I guess you don't just have be compatible physically and mentally but also spiritually and intellectually. Asking for too much ? Perhaps. But it ain't impossible.

On another note, I received this in my mailbox sometime ago. A theory behind the London bombing. Click here to read.

3 comments:

the skribbler said...

i find intellectual stimulation to be not only, a good trait for a relationship to build and grow on, but personally, a prerequisite for me to haf a relationship in the first place. heh.
thats the only part of me tts choosy i tink :p

shsuya said...

I couldnt agree more. Some ppl just dun see the importance of it sumthing The Don and I totally do not understand. well ... watever makes them happy...

The Misery Chick said...

You have to have intellectual and spiritual compatibility. I mean, you can't spend all your time shagging rite???

But to sm pp, sex is enuf. To each their own...