Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ladies & Gentlemen......

My Don has been invited to give a speech to the graduating class of his alma mater next month. Apparently instead of the typical old coots (oops) they call every year, with their rags-to-riches success stories, this year they wanted someone young and vibrant. I suppose the teachers felt they needed someone the kids could relate to and aspire to be (in not such a long time hehe). Its a real honour to be given such an invitation and a real big responsibility. I can't begin to describe how proud I am that my Don has been given such an honour. The Don maintains close links with his teachers in his alma mater and I guess they felt he would be a good inspiration for the kids.

Anyhow what with his busy schedule, I have been "assigned" to write his speech for him. (unpaid speech writer!! Hmmpphh!)I was supposed to get down to it last night but got sidetracked by the season finale of C.S.I (tarantino special)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Ants OH MY GAWD!!! And Tarantino really left his mark on that show. I loved the episode although I was stupefied by the silly hallucination scene. A case of misplaced humour, I think.

So anyway, I finally managed to finish the speech this morning and thank god he was satisfied with it. My hubby can be quite a slavedriver. I pity his employees. tsk..tsk. I'll be putting the finishing touches to his speech and come August, he's be ready to deliver it. I think I have a knack at this speech writing thing. Anybody else needs a speech writer????

No comments: