Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Night To Remember

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As I walked into the school compound last night with The Don beside me, I had an inexplicable deja vu. Memories came abounty.... the parade square we assembled every day, the canteen where we spend countless hours people-watching, the courtyard we had our first onslaught of nerves afrenzy while giving our public-speaking speech, the 7-11 across the road we frequented, etc etc. Everything looked the same yet different. Memories seem fresh yet yellow-tinged. As I watch the current students of the school, the band-members in particular, I feel an inordinate feeling of camaderie yet they look pass me without so much as a look of recognition. That quickly zapped me back to reality and I realised that it has been 9 years since I walked past the school gates for the last time, into the next phase of life.

It was great being back, and even better meeting old classmates. It's amazing how even though we haven't met for the last 10 years, 4 consecutive years together in that school has gelled the bond betweeen us so great that we easily picked up where we last left off as if we had just parted yesterday. Truly my secondary school days were the best times of my school life and clearly most of my friends felt the same way. That kinda explains why we all forked out the exorbitant price of the dinner ticket despite the unpalatable food (we all went for supper immediately after) and potentially ear-damaging performance. (It felt like we were at a Chinese 7th mth auction dinner) Still it was a night to remember.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Class of 402/1996

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: