Monday, November 08, 2004

Bz Bz Week'N

Saturday was spent baking my usual Cornflakes Honey cupcakes. Apart from Kuih Tat (pineapple tarts), this is the next most essential kuih for Hari Raya. For my Don and my nieces & nephews anyway. I fully intended NOT to bake any cookies for raya this year seeing how I'd be busy shifting to the new house but remembering how The Don and my nieces & nephews love them so much, I decided to make them anyway. I might even bake Pineapple tarts as well this Deepavali, Insya'allah.

After buka when we dropped by our new place to get the paint catalogue, our next door neighbours gave us a surprise visit. They are a friendly Chinese couple with two young girls and previously we just chatted outside our respective houses, exchanging greetings but yesterday we invited them in and we had a nice time chatting till nearly eleven. They gave us a brief run-through of all the neighbours on the floor and a quick summary of the shops around the area and which shop is the cheapest. It was wonderful, almost like having a tour-guide. They even informed us where the best child-care centres and kindergartens are in our area. HHmmmm....Their kids took to us pretty fast and soon the youngest one (who's only one and has cheeks the size of apples) was in The Don's arms and the elder one (who's 4) was telling me stories about what she did that day. Look like we're gonna have a great time having them as neighbours.

Sunday was spent painting the doors of our place & the main gate. Finally, the house looks like a home. The previous owners had a penchance for kindergarten like colours. (imagine living in a house with bright blue doors and pink walls!!!) We fully intended to finish before time for breaking fast but as things usually go, we did not. Stuck with no food at home, we thought we'd weather it out then later go down to Vista to get some food when at 6.30pm, 2 angelic souls (???) came in the form of Hafiz & Luqman. They sat for a while then volunteered to get some food for all of us at Vista. I think they must have bought evertyhing on the menu of the Mamak stall coz we ended up with enough food for an army. hehehe But thanks anyway guyz.

As with all gatherings, we had a fantabulous time, eating, performing jemaah prayers for both Maghrib and Is'ya then terawih oops X-boxing. It was really nice havin u guys over. Do come again anytime you are in the area.

By the time we reached home, it was eleven and as I sat down to read the day's newspapers I wondered, where did the weekend go???

1 comment:

Musang said...

i painted my house pink darr...i guess, the past ghost of the gay want me to be in pink this year.

happy painting though!!!