Friday, November 05, 2004

Now I See You, Now I Don't




I have a huge dilemma. Ok not so huge by normal standards but huge nonetheless to me. (at this stage, I'm a freak!! Every single teeny weenie problem seems like a major disaster to me) So anyhow, my eyesight sucks big time. I can hardly see anything beyond 2 metres without squinting. Get spectacles you say? I've had countless and most do not last more than a month. I either
  • a) misplace it
  • b) break it
  • c) forget to carry it with me.

    So as of last year when my 16th specs broke, I decided against getting any more. Contacts? tried that too but my super sensitive eyes will water almost constantly and after a while I develop white spots on my underlid. Oh the horror of having bad eyesight + sensitve eyes!!!!

    So back to my dilemma, for my wedding, for vanity purposes, spectacles are out of the question and I dun wanna have red eyes in my photos so no contacts either. I'm gonna have a huge problem recognising people who wave at me from afar and worse I dun wanna trip over my train or something (in my nervousness that might just happen!!!)

    So what in the world am I gonna do??? I really have no idea!!! My best fren cum wedding directeur, M suggested gettin temp contacts just for that day. Perhaps that might just work. Perhaps .. perhaps .. perhaps...
  • 1 comment:

    Musang said...

    darling, if you're going to wear contacts on your wedding day, you better start now.

    you'll get itchy the first time you put on contacts, even the softest one on market. So to avoid later embarassment of mascara smudge everywhere, pick one home today.

    try softlense from bausch&lomb.

    all right hun...

    well, i'm speaking out of experience...the itchiness, not the mascara...