Friday, November 26, 2004

Shoped Till We Dropped, Literally!!!!



It started with an sms I received from Metro on Tuesday
"Only u and 1 gf are invited 20% STOREWIDE@Metro Paragon Ladies Nite!!! 25th November 2004
followed by a flyer in the mail complete with freebies redeemption. Just the thing I have been waiting for!!!!!! I have been having withdrawal symptoms for a long while now and this occassion provided just the release I needed. hehehe After all The Don and I also needed to get our hantaran stuffs.

So after work I met my partner in crime, M (who by the way sacrificed her sacrosanct off day just to accompany me) and despite being seasoned shoppers (haha) nothing quite prepared us for the snaky queue of people trying to board the escalator to Metro. Inside Metro the scene was much worse. There were queues everywhere and there was hardly any space to manouvere. And this was a closed door event for members only!!!! Imagine if they had opened the doors to the public too !!!!! I think there'd b a stampede!!!

It was exhilarating seeing blue price tags everywhere (blue tags mean 20% off for Members) and knowing that the price you see is not the price you'll b paying for. I bought a whole lot of stuff - from perfumes, shoes, lingerie, handbag, wallets, apparels, etc etc. The Don, in typical fashion, left all the buying to me, even for his stuffs. It hasn't always been this way. Besides my late father, he is the most fastidious man I know. With time, I have learnt what makes him tick and now, he even asks me to countercheck his purchases first before buying. (I'll keep this story for another day)

It was indeed a great sale. (Bruno Magli shoes were going at 70% off!!!!!) The event was only for 4.5 hours from 6.30pm to 11pm and yes, again we didn't leave till we absolutely had to...hehehe (its a bad, bad habit!!!!) You know what was the best thing about last night's shopping? Apart from the security guys standing guard at the door preventing the public from entering and the deejay hosting the on-going fashion show, there was not a man in sight. It was ladies, ladies everywhere. (We just hate it when a man lingers in the shopping aisle aimlessly while waiting for their wifes/girlfriends and blocking our way and not to mention the uncomfort we feel when a man lingers at the lingerie section under the pretext of choosing a lingerie for the wife/girlfren UUrrgh!!!)



We were such a sight, the two of us, with arms full of shopping bags. No hands free to even hail a cab home. In the end we hijacked a cab waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

2 comments:

Musang said...

gile banyak shopping, sampai nak kena hijack taxi yang tgh tunggu green light kat traffic. hahahahk.

shsuya said...

hehhehe teruk kan?? but it was truly a fulfiling shopping experience... got all my hantaran stuffs settled