Tuesday, November 23, 2004

HOLY COW !!!!



I just received word just now. 2 of my uncles (actually my 2 fav uncles) are holding a second wedding feast for The Don and me in Temerloh, Pahang on this coming Chinese New Year. And my other uncle has volunteered to sponsor one whole cow for the event. ONE WHOLE COW??? OH MY GAWD!!!!!

My uncles have always said they want to hold a kenduri for us in Pahang after our wedding but we have always assumed it will be a smallish family affair. Now with news of the impending death of a cow in Temerloh, I think the term "smallish" will be translated into a full fledged wedding kenduri. To say The Don and I were speechless would be a gross understatement. It seems my uncles have already started sending out the invitations. Firstly we are soooooo honoured to be given such royalty treatment. And secondly, ain't it funny to be having another wedding reception 3 mths after the first one. I mean we'll be "Pengantin Basi" already by then.

And more importantly, I'm a bit worried. No one has ever had such an honour bestowed on them before. Not even any of my male cousins (u noe how much the male of the family is revered!!!) much less me, a niece who has crossed the family line and married a Non-Arab. (although this non-Arab is much loved by my uncles and aunts) I feel uneasy facing my cousins who will definitely (I think) feel that it is unfair that I am given such preferential treatment. I talked it over to my best friends and they say I am being paranoid. Their argument is why worry what people think. This is my rezeki and enjoy it while I can. Alisa went on to say perhaps we are now reaping the rewards of the effort we have put in the last 7 years. Perhaps.....

Whatever it is, I draw the line there. I told my aunt let's make it a simple kenduri, a no-frills one. I'd scream if they ask us to "naik pelamin" one more time!!!!!






5 comments:

Musang said...

this mean you are able to have another wedding gown.

wouldn't it be a yay? jk.

but, you know what. i hate wedding crowds. i wouldn't naik pelamin again if i were you.

but to celebrate, takpe laa, it would be fine.

shsuya said...

I really really hope nobody gets any wild ideas and get a pelamin or anything. I'd scream n kick my way out of it. hehehe

shsuya said...

OH NO!!!!!! MAMPUZ!!!!! no!! NO PELAMIN PLEEEEZZZZ!!!

naniz said...

Alhamdulillah..rezeki jgn ditolak. sape tau by dat time dpt rezeki lagi satu.(u noe wat i mean).

gal..gotta tell u sumthg. i might not be able to make it for ur wedding...(i noe u gonna kill me tis sunday) or maybe immediately rite after u read tis! (me protecting myself now...)

Wan Mohd Fahimi said...

damn, one whole cow?!!! considering one whole cow for a 3rd reception, thats biggg mann... the crowd would be wondering, brapa ekor lembu made way for the 1st n 2nd reception? haha...