Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Wheels Of Life Turns Round

Yesterday afternoon, an elderly couple walked into my office looking for my boss. As my boss was not in, my colleague referred them to me. When I glanced up to look, I immediately knew who she was. The teacher I hate most. I can't stand the sight of her but in my proffessional capacity, I had no choice but to entertain them. Apparently they had been duped by a time share agency you know those pay-through-your-nose-to-travel-for-free thingy. teacher also so stoopid kena duped oops bulan ramadhan ZIPPED!!!! So anyway I spoke to her as nicely as I could and gave her the appropriate legal advice. At the end of the hour long consultation (free some more!!), I gently asked her where she used to work. Immediately she suspected that I was a student and proceeded to ask me which school I was from and which year. She was happy to know that I knew her and I think secretly hope I'd give her a discount on my legal fees. NO WAY JOSE!!!!!

Why do I hate her so? you ask.....

Back in primary school, I was quite a teacher's pet. I was close to almost all the teachers both those who taught me and did not. The teachers also knew my mom and dad, coz they were quite actively involved in the school and never failed to show up for whatever event parents were invited to. All teachers except one --- Mdm Normah. She taught Malay although I am glad she never taught me. Somehow she disliked me (for reasons I simply dun noe) I always knew she disliked me coz she always looked at me with squinting eyes (I call them evil eyes) and whenever I greeted her she will not even acknowledge it. (That time teacher's pet every teacher also I greet)

One day she sent one of her students to my Malay class to say she wanted to see me. I was puzzled but went anyway. When I entered her class (malay class) she said "Ah murid murid semua, ni lah contoh "Kaduk naik junjung"" As she said that she pointed to me and the whole class giggled. I honestly had no idea what the peribahasa (proverb) meant so at that moment I wasn't embarassed or felt hurt but by her sneer I knew it can't be good. That day itself I went to the library to look it up

Kaduk Naik Junjung - yang bererti orang yang tidak berdarjat lupa asal usulnya apabila naik di status yang tinggi

Imagine my shock when I saw the meaning. As far as I remember I have hardly said two words to her so I really dunno what was it I did that ticked her off so. And there wasn't any issue of "naik status" unless she was referring to the fact that I was the vice-head prefect in school. But I hadn't done anything to rub her the wrong way. And what a way to treat a primary school kid? She must be a sick individual who tried to traumatise kids by shaming them in public. Too bad this particular kid is a bit thick skinned so the effect was somewhat diluted. (coz I didnt understand the words if not I'd be trumatised as well)

Well what goes around comes around.... now she's been duped and is seeking my assistance. And if she thinks I'm gonna make it easy for her ..hell no!! Ok ok I noe I'm being cruel and it being the holy month and all but what she did to me is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. Besides, what are the chances that of all law firms in Singapore she was to come to mine and seek help. It must be God's way of giving me some form of vengeance. hehehe. Let's call it Divine intervention!!! My mom says its a test of the strength of my character whether I will execute "revenge" or be pure hearted to let it go when I have this chance. I took all of 15 seconds to consider before I made up my mind. (rubs hands in glee and puts on my "evil eyes")

2 comments:

Musang said...

apa punye cikgu laa macam tue. If i were you, i will not be that kind to assist that bitch in any way. I'll go and say...

"laa, cikgu ke...lupa ke saya nie? yang dulu cikgu kutuk pakai peribahasa tue. Apa dia tue...(pretend to be thinking)..haaa...KADUK NAIK JUNJUNG!!!! haaaa cikgu ingat tak sekarang? ingat tak? saya laa student yang cikgu tak berapa suka dulu...ingat tak? haaa...sekarang you can go out of this office by using the same door you came in. bye and assalamualaikum."

peace...

shsuya said...

heheheheh Thats a good one Bitch but sadly if I do that I'd be fired sooner than I can repeat the peribahasa. But it sure makes great fantasy thinking what her reaction would be if I did say that........heheheh

Nasib baik I turned out alright tak ter-traumatised by her actions...but now that she has re-entered my life..HELP! I need a shrink!!!!!