Thursday, November 18, 2004

Long Lost Friends


The official school book photo


The last photo taken as a class on Teachers' Day 1996.
(photos courtesy of Jieting's website)

I contemplated inviting my secondary school friends simply because its been sooo long since we all last met and I was not sure if they would be bothered to attend. I sat on it for a few months until I met my friend Farazila at her sister's wedding. She asked if I was inviting all our sec school friends I told her I wasn't sure. She persuaded me to do so saying it'd be a wunderful occassion to meet old friends again. So thats exactly what I did.

Little did I imagine I would have so much fun doing so. All the good friends I had in school were vey happy to hear from me. We xchanged email addresses, phone numbers and made use of this renewed contact to stay in touch. We chatted as if we had never went out of touch, joking and reminiscing about past times. The people whom I barely spoke two words to when I was back in school also welcomed my invitation. Funnily, even though we never spoke back then, we spoke like old friends now. The same thing happened when i invited my college & uni frens. In fact I just spent the entire morning talking to two ex-schoolmates, people whose last names I barely remember and never though I'd speak to again. hehe

I still keep in close touch with one teacher from my sec school ---> Mr Jamil. Though he never exactly taught me, he was and still is a mentor to me. Through him, I managed to contact my other teachers (certain selected teachers only) and surprise surprise most of my teachers still remember me.
Osgodby wrote this is his email to me...here's an extract
"I'm very flattered that you still remember your old Literature teacher.I too
remember you as one of the very best students I have had the pleasure to teach.I
will be honoured to attend your wedding" - Paul Osgodby


I have read and re-read that email countless of times. It still gives me a tingling feel-good feeling everytime I open up the email. My teachers in sec school are easily the people who have had the most impact in my life apart from my family so they mean a lot to me. And to have my favourite teachers attend my wedding, I'm sooo happy I can't even begin to describe it.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all my long lost friends again. Although i doubt I would be able to say much more than a few words to them. Still, its great to know that we are in touch again.....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ahhh... Mr Osgodby. Enjoyed his Literature lessons though we both don't understand how my Lit grade is better than my English. hehe!

Mr Jamil is I guess, the only music teacher I know who has a story or tale behind every single song he taught us. =)