Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Invites

These past 3 weeks, my mother, sis and bro-in-law have been making the rounds around Singapore inviting our relatives for my wedding. Almost every day that my sister is on morning shift or having her day off from work, they'd drive to all corners of the island be it Jurong West or Pasir Ris one area at a time, armed with a boxful of cards. On the days my sister is working afternoons, my mom would drag my aunt along and they will go cab-hopping from one house to the next.

There are quite a number of elderly in my family, and thus the need for the personal invite. My family is full of decorum so when it comes to official functions like this, traditions would have to be observed. Well, anyway the bulk of the personal invites are almost done so what's left are all those cards to be posted.

I managed to email most of my sec school frenz for their addresses & RSVP and alhamdulillah most are happy to come. Those overseas are even booking extra earlier flights than originally planned so that they can make it. It was an exhilarating experience getting in touch with my ol' frens again. When we exchanged smses and emails, its like we catch on real quick with each other, as if there was never a time we lost touch. Despite it being eons since we last met. So I guess it'll be a nice reunion of sorts.

Our wedding will be held over two days, the nikah (solemnization ceremony) followed by a dinner reception for close relatives and close friends and of course the whole day wedding feast on Sunday itself for the rest of the family and frenz. My many many cousins and nieces and nephews & aunts and uncles are all super excited coz there hasn't been a wedding in the family for a while. They have all been conspiring planning with each other what to wear and what to bring and what to do on that Sunday. Its funny how everyone is more interested in what is happening on Sunday when its the event on Saturday which is the one that will change our whole lives !!! Hehehehe

Its not too many days away now (I dread to look at the number of days left everytime I log in here) and I'm starting to feel the chills. Its a stomach churning feeling, deep in my gut. I feel like my stomach lining is turning inside out especially when someone says "EH DA NAK DEKAT EH?" But somehow all the chills disappear when I'm with HIM, coz deep in my heart I know this is the day we have been waiting for...

1 comment:

Musang said...

ayooo...last sentence very sweet laaa...

he's bloody lucky to have you.