Monday, November 29, 2004

Hari Raya Gathering 2004


Standing: Naniz, yours truly & Lisa
Sitting: Luqman, The Don and Hafiz (Fifi)

I can barely open my eyes now. Even with 15 mins of sleep during lunch time just now, my eyelids feel like they're made of lead. We finally ended this year's jalan raya at 12 midnight. Just like last year, the only ppl who went were the 6 of us (actually 7 as Mahanom joined us later) but no one's complaining coz the group is more intimate and we can spend more time at each person's house.

Punctuality went out of the window again (as usual)as the original plan to meet at 12noon became 2pm. We started with Lisa's place then Naniz for a sumptious lunch. We had great fun lookin at our old school photos and previous hari raya outings with the same bunch. Looking back now, we all really grew up together. We've seen each other thru our first crushes to the first puppy love, the first "real" relationship, thru break ups and now the impending wedding of myself and The Don. Insyallah we'll lead the way to more weddings in the near future.

The Don as usual had the time of his life at Luqman's house. Man's mother treat The Don like her own so every year she is sure to cook sup tulang for The Don whenever
we come to their house for raya. She was excited about our impending marriage and shared her experiences as a new bride living with her in-law's of a totally different culture altogether. It was truly an eye-opener and I thank god my mother-in-law 2b is a Gem by comparison.

This year onwards, the last stop is The Don's and mine lovenest (this word sounds so scandalous!!) As promised to Hafiz, I served Mee HongKong & Fried chicken in Oyster Sauce over at our place. I had prepared the ingredients earlier so my cooking time was halved. And with a lil' help from my galfriends, it was served in less than an hour.

Yours truly with my best fren M. Ps: We're not posing ok!! We're really cooking !!!!!

My digi batts went flat and The Don didn't bring along his SLR so I guess no pics of us pigging out. Suffice to say Hafiz & Man ate like they've never had Mee HongKong before. hehehee But thanks guys for coming over. The Don and I would be happy to play host to more such gatherings in future. Just tell me what u wanna eat and I'll dig up a recipe book or two.

And as usual at the end of every Hari Raya gathering, we had our annual maaf-maaf sessions. But of course not before taking last minute jibes and trading insults at each other first. Truly, our annual hari raya gatherings are fantabulous-tic !!!!!

PS: I'll post up more pics here (via stolen links) when the others have uploaded up theirs.



No comments: