Monday, November 01, 2004

SHOPPING ON MY OWN


The plan was to go to Ikea with Lisa immediately after Zuhr but due to unforseen (a last minute plan to go to Pusara that morning wif my family) and seen circumstances (haha...this one must ask Lisa personally!!), we finally reached IKEA at 3pm. Going there by public transport wasn't as hard as I thought it would be although it certainly took a much longer time. Going home, however was another story altogether. The taxi queue was soooo long it stretched all the way to the lift going to the carpark. Our Ikea finds were bulky and heavy so taking the MRT or the bus was not an option. Luckily the wait was not so excruciating. *hah the perils of shopping while The Don is overseas!!*

Ikea was super crowded on Sunday, especialy at the Fabrics, Curtains & Carpet deprtments. Most were trendy makciks looking to overhaul their houses for the coming Hari Raya. Needless to say I stayed clear of such areas. hehehe The time will come I'm sure when I will join the ranks but till then.. I choose to disassociate myself. Thank you very much.

Its no fun at all shoppping when you are on a tight budget. We have sooo many things to buy this month so no splurging whatsoever and lemme tell you its sooo damn hard not to allow myself to fall victim to the many sales and promotions going on around town. Well I guess I will have to be happy at least I get to be around shopping centres.

No comments: