Saturday, October 30, 2004

Minor Change of Plans

I was supposed to go buy the Braun blender The Don and I have been planning to get for our new place. You know,.. the one that can crush ice and is a blender cum juicer. Well anyway when I got to Robinson's this afternoon, I realised that the Braun blender do not come with a mill attached. (a mill is the small blender used for dry stuff that usually comes together with the blender) As I was contemplating if I should just get it anyway, the fumbling but friendly salesman suggested Phillips coz all their models come with a mill. I turned to look and THEN I SAW IT. The exact same (ok almost) blender that was stolen from Will Smith in the movie "Enemy of the State". (Damn those product placement!!!) I remember us both wanting that blender after seeing Will Smith put in strawberries, ice and milk in the blender and out came a smoothie.

So I went and bought this

The Phillips Essence Smart Blender

It blends (obviously!), makes juice, smoothies, mayonaise (dun ask me how I'll have to read the manual) purees, chops amd of course crushes ice. Has a timer, quick clean function and even has a pulse button. (this is supposed to be a good thing to have on a blender but why? I'll tell you when I find out myself)

Of course there was that tiny, little infinitesimal matter of it being 50% more costly than the Braun one. But seriously... could you blame me??? *gives the eye-lids flutter pose* I just hope & pray The Don will not access my blog in KL and reads this before I get a chance to think of a story about how that hundred dollar went missing from his account. (Internet banking scam?? errr...His best friend asked for a loan?...I used it to buy a present for him?)

On a less guilty note, I found my wedding shoes - a super glitzy silver J West shoes on bargain at Taka. Nothing makes me feel more alive than retail theraphy!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Musang said...

J west ada buat kasut pompuan? Waaa...mesti classic kasut tue!!!

shsuya said...

hehhe i iwsh I can show you but my digi's not available. U'll snap a pic and put it up here as soon as I can......