Monday, October 11, 2004

M and Me

A poem I dedicate to my best friend, M.....


A Friend Is One of the Best Things in Life

Though we don't see each other very much
nor do we write to each other very much
nor do we phone each other very much
I always know that, at any time I could call, write or see you and everything would be exactly the same You would understand everything I am saying and everything that I am thinking.

Our friendship does not depend on being together It is deeper than that Our closeness is something inside of us
that is always there ready to be shared with each other whenever the need arises

It is such a comfortable and warm feeling
to know that we have such a lifetime friendship

~Author Unknown~


I noe not many people can honestly say they have a best friend who can put their life on the line for you but I am proud to say I do. M has been there for me every step of the way. I truly truly appreciate everything M has done for me. No matter what situation I find myself in, she is always there to lend a hand. And not just her, her whole family too. During my engagement, her aunt made for me a chessboard jelly as part of the hantaran gifts and in typical fashion, refused any payment whatsoever.


And for my upcoming wedding, M's mom has loaned me her brand new dulangs for my hantran gifts. These things costs almost $40++ a piece and by virtue of her mom lending them to me I have managed to save a whole bundle of moolahs. Her bro is helping me compile songs for the big day.

I dun trust ppl easly but I have complete trust in M such that when I need to choose the stuff for my wedding, I'd definitely ask her along. Whether its for my mak andam to choose the clothes, decor to choose the pelamin and bedroom decor or wedding favours to give the guests, she'd be first person I'd consult and she will be there.

Sometimes I wonder what I have done to deserve such a beautiful friendship. I only pledge and doa that I will be there for her the way she has been there for me at any time she is in need. I hope and pray that I will be given the strength and the opportunity to display the same kind of tenacity of friendship that she has so generously shown to me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Amin!!!

Still remember how both of you used to 'tawaf' the school before the bell rings for assembly. Hahah!