Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Girls' Day Out

With my bro-in-law in KL for business and The Don busy at Ba'alwie Mosque, my sis, Umi and I had our regular shopping escapade at Plaza Singapura yesterday. My sis and mom were looking for new bedsheets to be worn on my wedding day. No not for my bed - for their beds!!!! It's a family craze - buying bedsheets. And we will find the smallest reason to justify buying new bedsheets!!!! My bedsheets + my mom's + my sis's bedsheets combined would fill up an Aussino store.

So anyway we spent almost the entire time at Aussino's and my sis finally got this

Since my mom already got me the 'Caroline' set from Aussino's the last time and I just got for myself new bedsheets from the last Metro sale, I resisted buying anymore. Till I saw that Aussino was selling their basic colours bedsheets ar SGD $9.90/-. I dun usually buy bedsheets at Aussino other than their Royal Symphony range coz I find that the quality of the lower priced ones are not so good. the colours tend to fade after multiple washings. But at $9.90 I guess its worth it, fade or not. And so I bought 3... hhehehehe

Next stop --> Spotlight. Where Umi finally found her bedsheet. Nice ?

We realised that Spotlight sells a bigger range of bedsheets and at better quality. And some are exactly the same as the ones at Aussino's, only cheaper.

Muhd Idris found his bedsheet too at Spotlight

and it costs a whopping $69.95. Hey how can the aunt's bedsheets cost $9.90 while the nephew's cost 7 times as much. HEY ! HEY! lawan tauke issit ??? Almost bought it but on 2d thots I'd wait till after the Don and I get him his car bed first at the end of the year.

Its great fun going shopping with my mom and sis coz we all share the same taste (more or less) and we all like to go the same shops and see the same things. And best of all, my sister is quick with her wallet. Me being the youngest sister, she spoils me silly and often insists on paying. (like she did with my 3 Aussino bedsheets) (She makes double what I make so I guess its only fair, hehehe)

Well I guess thus is the circle of life, I was the apple of her eye and now, her son Muhd Idris is the prince of both mine and the Don's hearts. Just like yesterday, we were supposed to go home on our own then The Don called saying he will fetch us from Plaza SG. He was worried that if we went home by cab we'd have to wait a long time for the cab as the queue for cabs are usually long. And Muhd Idris will be uncomfortable. Aaah.. the things The Don will do for his favourite nephew.

No comments: