Wednesday, October 06, 2004

And The List Goes On & On & On..

My mother just came back from her tour of Malaysia, no not from holiday but going state by state visiting my relatives and inviting them personally for my wedding. She started from Kajang to visit my uncle and aunt (my arwah abah's bro) to personally invite them and also discuss with my aunt the bunga rampai holder to give out after the nikah ceremony. It seems my aunt has it all planned out. In fact she had already completed 50 bunga rampai holders for the ladies. Its made of lace and doubles up as a tissue holder. Too bad this will be be given to The Don's side. (I noe my cousins will steal some anyway!!!)

Her next stop was KL itself to invite my uncle (her brother) personally and to distribute the cards to my cousins and 2nd cousins. They congregated at my uncle's place in Tiara Duta, Ampang and started discussing what to wear and what to bring. I initially requested my siblings and nieces and nephews to wear a specific colour. Now it seems everyone will do the same as well. hehehe I can't imagine how its gonna look like on that day with everyone wearing the same shade. It gonna be one "boriah" affair.

Next was Temerloh, Pahang where she went to meet all the old folks (oops)granduncles and grandaunts of the family and some of my other uncles and aunts. Since The Don does not exactly meet the old folk's requirement of a husband. (He's not of Arab heritage) my mother intended to invite the old folks only out of courtesy. Surprisingly however, they wanted to come down to Singapore as well for my wedding. Alhamdulillah. I guess the many visits we made to Pahang has convinced them that The Don is indeed a good man, his heritage notwihstanding. I'm sure glad they will come. After all, altho I dun need their approval to marry, their blessings will be very valuable to The Don and me as we enter the arch of marriage.


While we have not started inviting family and friends in Singapore yet (too early I think) I have begun to draw up a list of my friends and colleagues that I will be inviting. And Boy!! What a list!! And I havn't even began to factor in my other school mates. Most of the people in my list are lawyers and motor workshop repairers that I work with while the rest are my friends from school. I honestly thought I didn't have that many people to invite but I guess I thought wrong.

And on top of that I'll have to decide who of the people on my list I shall invite for the dinner on Sat night. headache after headache. I wish I can just delegate this part of the job to someone else coz I already have too many things on my hand what with the house reno and all. But still I'd have to draw up the list first. Everytime I think I am done with it, somebody mentions a name that i know I must invite. So here we go again... now where did I put my list of names......????

5 comments:

Lisa said...

mmm... should I attend the dinner? =P

Anonymous said...

wow, ur getting married hun?
i'm part sporean, but i've to admit - i've never been to even a single malay wedding there... tgk dari jauh adalah...
of course they r different from the ones we have here in msia...

so, when's the special day? tahniah anyways...

coffee-addict @ http://coffee-addict.blogdrive.com

shsuya said...

what dinner ?? u shld at home helping to welcome the guests at your sister's dinner ... heheheh

BTW selamat kad jemputan aku satu takyah kasi kau since ur sis is gettin married on the same day...

shsuya said...

coffee.... it'll be on 19th dec you're welcome to attend my wedding.. then maybe u can finally say u have been to a Singaporean Malay wedding....

Lisa said...

wah coffee... naniz ajak turun iftar, shsuya ajak turun wedding. 2 invitations to come down to singapore. =)