Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Home Office

It has long been The Don's and mine intention to set up a home office in our spare bedroom. But we thought it was a project better handled after the wedding is over, when we have more cash to splurge on hi-tech and fancy looking office equipment. Still, whenever we are out shopping, we never fail to cast glances at the office tables on sale in the hope of finding one that is big enough to accomodate The Don's 2 PCs + 1 notebook and my PC, 'L-shaped' so it will fit nicely against the corner nearest the window and white and/or black to suit the minimalist theme we wanted for the study. And guess what?? Our rezeki (good fortune) simply rolled onto our lap last week when one of The Don's biggest client called up to tell him his company was being bought over and so he has no need for the current furniture in his office. He asked if The Don would be interested in some of the things coz otherwise, he was just gonna sell it off to the next tenant. Me being me, I was rather skeptical but my darling Don assured me the stuff there was in my taste. In another of those "put-your-faith-blindly-in-your-future-husband" moments I agreed for him to bring it back (altho with the condition that if I dun like it, he will throw it out)

What can I say? My future husband truly knows me well. The table was brand new (all of 2 mths old) and very nice, and exactly what we have been searching the whole Singapore for to no avail. And together with the table, The Don's client gave him a Sharp copier. (F.O.C too) Now the room really looks like a home office. And we're sooo very fond of it.

Our spanking new study. Thats just one PC u see, the rest won't be in till after we fully move in. All we need to do now is put in the soft furnishings such as a carpet, some study lamps and voila!! its gonna look smashing... Insyallah. (pic taken with my handphone cam so its a bit blurry n dark.


AR-235
The Sharp copier we never even thought of getting.

Alhamdulillah it really is our rezeki the way things have been going our way and how thing tend to somehow materialise into our hands before we even know it. I must say I truly feel bersyukur. At least one part of the house looks like a home already.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

"Nothing comes from nothing
Nothing ever could
So somewhere in your youth or childhood
You both have done something good"

kihkih... =)

shsuya said...

Lisa...thats is just sooo sweeet... thanx

kiddo's mom said...

alhamdulillah... rezeki org nak kawen.. nanti kalau ada apa2 yg korg dpt tapi tanak, meh laa export to KL for us!! ehehehehe

shsuya said...

hehehe alhamdulillah syukur ... boleh boleh kalau ade duplicate items nanti I pass kat u ... anyway yanz... email me ur address for me to post the invitation to you...