Sunday, October 10, 2004

Better Than Ever!!!

U noe how ppl say the time leading to your marriage is a precarious one. Its full of stress and cubaan and "darah manis" etc etc. This is the time that tempers start flying all over the place and u start getting cold feet. Well maybe its a bit too early for all that to happen to me but my r/ship with The Don has honestly never been better than it is right now.

Actually ever since this year, our relationship has transformed into such a state that we can't seem to explain it ourselves. You see, both The Don and I are what you would call "Alpha" personalities. We're both head-strong, obstinate and always believe that we each know better. We regularly trade sarcasm and verbal brawls and always try to up the other. Our friends look at us in amazement and wonder how we can last so long but that's part of the challenge I guess. I'd die of boredom with a man who will accede to my every request and before you know it he'll be wrapped so tightly round my lil finger I'd feel the need to flung him away for good.

Well ever since this year, we've found it almost impossible to stay mad at the other for long. We'd be 2 minutes into a bicker then either one of us will suddenly break into a smile (while trying desperately to maintain an angry face) and then the other person will catch on and that'll be the end of the squabble. We both end up laughing and start making faces. It's been this way the whole of this year. I even got as far as asking my mom why I can't seem to get upset at him nowadays. She laughed and called it "anticipation symptoms".

Sure we've had more than our fair share of problems what with the stress and the financial strain of getting the house ready in time for the wedding. But we've taken it all in stride and our relationship has not been affected somehow. If anything, we have been more considerate, more loving and more affectionate to each other.

If it's this good before marriage, I sure can't wait till just after we are officially married when it is said the relationship will reach a-once-and-never-again-peak-of-a lifetime. Hmmm........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u know, i envy u & ur relationship with ur hubby-2-be..so lovey-dovey..wish my r/ship with my fiance is like that too..instead, it's either me getting antsy or we'll be going on monotonously..quite frankly, sometimes i'm bored with our r/ship..

shsuya said...

Hey u didnt leave ur name...

We've had our share of ups and downs. Eight years is a long time so we've felt almost the whole spectrum of emotions, I think. Altho right now its at an all-time high. ;)
Whoever u r, I wish u all the best in ur r/ship wif ur fiance. If u thought he was good enuff to be engaged to, I guess u owe it 2 urselves to make it work somehow.