Thursday, September 09, 2004

Dizzy With Colours



In a bid to save some moolah, The Don and I have decided to paint the house ourselves. Besides, this will be one way in which we can have a hand in turning this house into a home - our home. I bet down the road when we look at the walls, we'd feel good and remember that we painted the house ourselves!!!!

Meanwhile we've been pouring over catalogue after catalogue and swatches and swatches of paint, trying to find the exact shade we want for our house. We had no idea they are like 200 different shades of white and 150 shades of blue. Not to mention the hilarious time we had over the names of the paints. (There's Ayer Rock, Bubbles, Slicker, Spruce, Tracey - I mean could you in a million years even begin to guess what color they are named for??? I'd really like to meet one of those guys who's job is to give names to paint shades one day)

And ain't technology great? With online tools such as these we managed to get a preview of how the room will look like under different paint colours and under different lighting conditions. I guess there must have been a good number of people shocked out of their wits at the color their house turned out to be after painting so someone invented this.

Anyhow, I'll be busy getting my face, nose, hands and clothes streaked with paint this weekend. Hopefull I'll remember to bring the digi so I can take some shots of us goofing around our newly painted walls.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

*rolls up sleeves* k, ready! =)