Wednesday, September 15, 2004

INVITES

So the invitation cards are finally ready. (Though we havnt gone down to collect it yet)And now comes the tug of war.... If my mother has it her way, she'd invite the whole wide world. Can't blame her actually, I guess she is excited about her one and only daughter getting married and so naturally she wants to share her happy moment with the rest of the world. But the thing is, my family is just too darn big. If we were to invite everyone, I think we'd need to book the indoor stadium.

The initial plan was only to invite close relatives and friends (that also came close to 1000) but now somehow the figure has been inflated to much much more. *Gasp!!!* Thank god the caterer is none other than my aunt's own company NAAZREEN, so amount of food is negotiable.

One thing I am glad is that most of my relatives from all over Malaysia will be coming down to Singapore for my wedding despite it being inconvenient and not to mention expensive. I wish I can provide transportation for them, especially those coming down by train but that's wishful thinking I know!! In any case, for those who won't be coming down, my uncle and aunt will be holding another wedding reception for us in Temerloh, Pahang. They initially wanted to hold it soon after the wedding here but with our honeymoon and The Don's reservist training scheduled in early January, looks like it will most probably be held at the end of January or even early Feb. By then we'd be "Pengantin BASI!!!!!" hehehehe.

No comments: