Monday, September 06, 2004

X (rated) Boxes, Laces & A Great Friend !!!!

The weekend officially started on Fri for me. A hazardous trip to Arab Street after work confirmed my addiction to lace materials. Despite having found my nikah outfit, I went back to the shop to see the burgundy lace that I fell in love with the first time (but my mom didn't allow me to wear such a "garang" kaler for nikah") Sadly, there was no more but my heart got smitten instead with this pink lace. (Pink?? me ?? I know !!!! but still its lovely !!!)

And I bought for my mom an ultra shiny-miny material (much to her horror!!! hehe Eh, mak pengantin pun kena glamer tau !!!!)

And for the first time I spent the night at the new house with my bestest friend, Mahanom. She ended work late on Fri night and had to work again early the next morning but she humoured me anyway by accompanying me for the night. Muuakks!!!! We spent like an eternity discussing the placing of the furniture for the house and where to place what on the actual wedding day. To say her insight was valuable would be a gross understatement. By the time we realised the time, it was an undecent hour.

I spent the rest of the day alone in the house and after a hard day's work cleaning the house, (ok quarter day's work only!) I spent the rest of the time playing these...

And you know what? They're SO MUCH FUN !!!!!!! I keep hinting at The Don to get more games, preferably with less violence and more decent dialogue. hehehe The Sim's Bustin' Out maybe ????

Sunday was spent sourcing out the accessories for our new home, together with my sister, Idris and Umi. From kitchen sinks to kitchen faucets to larder baskets and storage heaters. After much looking and comparing, I finally found the tub I have been looking for. Ooooh I can;'t wait to get this installed !!!


Next stop was IKEA, everybody's favourite household place. We finally found the exact wardrobe accessories we were looking for. And it was DIRT CHEAP !!!!! Oh and yes, a piece of good news, a family friend of The Don is moving so they're giving away their huge fridge to us. Its quite new apparently (how new,I've gotto see for myself!!) and it was so sweet of them to think of us instead of selling it for some quick buck. Well, since we got the house, our rezeki have been better and better, alhamdulillah. One after another, people have been asking us what we need and offering to either get them for us or said they are willing to sponsor certain items. Ain't it great ?? Its wonderful when family members do that but to have perfect strangers (strangers to me anyhow) show such care and concern is truly heart-warming.

No comments: