Monday, September 13, 2004

TRUE GEM

My best friend is gonna whisk me away this weekend for a short holiday to KL. It'll be sort of a last holiday we'll ever have together. I do wish that we will still b able to go on short weekend getaways even after I get married but I dare not make promises that I am not sure I can keep. She has been planning this since early this year and I am truly grateful to her for being such a gem. It couldn't possibly come at a better time. I am so stressed out right now I could pull my hair out. I guess its just sumthing only a best friend would know.

Having been best friends since the tender age of 10, we've developed an almost instinctive knowledge about each other. The arch of an eyebrow, a slight nudge even a wrinkling of the nose can send the other person into fits of laughter while the others around us look in puzzlement. Our body language seems to able to replace a whole paragraph of words. Its almost like we could read each other's mind. And no the body language bit doesn't quite replace the verbal diarrhoea. We sometimes talk all her way home from work, on public transport!! (we sure make the telcos rich!!)

The Kl trip will be a short but I'm sure a very memorable one. And in true shopping queen fashion, we have booked a hotel room right smack in the middle of Bukit Bintang for easy access. Its gonna b a full itinerary of shop shop shop (wat else right?) Perhaps I'd be able to get my hantaran gifts there. The last time we were there, we didnt quite get as much shopping as we liked as there was a definite constraint of time and also our human friends. (M & I are superwomen where shopping is concerned so I guess expecting our other friends to match up won't be fair)

I'm sooo looking forward to the trip that I'm gonna ditch my usual bad habit of packing at the last min and start tonight!!!!!

PS: My dear KL friends any new shopping areas to recommend???

4 comments:

shsuya said...

Rina.. aiksyen je tu .. satu habuk pun tak pack lagi...hehehe
Times Square da gi da... cuma lum naik roller coaster tu je

Lisa said...

i nak naik roller coaster tuuuuu!!!

Wan Mohd Fahimi said...

me lurveee the adidas n nike butiks kat ikano power centre at mutiara damansara! if ur into that as well, why dont u drop by there nanti. boleh jln2 ikea n tesco as well which is just side by side. tak jauh ngan umah aku n yanz if you're there!

shsuya said...

Hey Acid...thats cool. If I do have the time to go there I'd certainly call u & yanz to meet up... kasi ah hp no...