Tuesday, July 20, 2004

GIRLS' NIGHT OUT


Its been so long since Umi and I have not spent any time together. We usually make it a point to go out shopping or watch a movie or just go to the library together. We share a lot of things in common so there has never been a "generation gap" between us all along. Except perhaps different tastes in music. Recently, however, I have started giving a listen to the old songs and found them quite pleasant to the ears although I absolutely draw the line at Tom Jones and other hairy-chested male singers from that era. I can't believe girls used to go crazy over these men and actually threw their underwear at them on stage. YIKES!!


Andy Williams is coming to town so I'll be bringing Umi to go watch his concert on Friday. He is most famous for the love anthem "LOVE STORY". He also sings other nice songs like "MOON RIVER" and "SPEAK SOFTLY LOVE". His voice is real sultry and soulful. New singers of today may have the vocal range but I can't think of anyone who has a voice as honey-like as Andy Williams. (xcept maybe Ol' Blue Eyes)I'm really looking forward to spending this Fri with her. I'm sure it'd be a nice trip down memory lane for her as she and my late dad used to enjoy listening to songs from that era together.

As I am typing this, my collegue came in the door and announced WILLIAM HUNG IS DEAD !!!!!! Apparently he has died of intentional substance overdose. Click to go to the website which broke the news. Since this site is indeed a satirical site and the fact remains that no major newspaper or magazine has reported the matter, I am inclined tp think that it is just a publicity stunt to stir things up a bit for the "accidental" idol. Drop me a line if anyone knows or thinks otherwise.

No comments: