Friday, July 30, 2004

LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER

Last night, I got a glimpse of what it's like to see through my mother's and my sister's eyes. You see, though I am generally neat, they are cleanliness freaks. Despite us having a maid, on her off days, my sis would arm herself with a small bucket of soapy water, an abrasive sponge, and go down on her knees, scrubbing the tiles of the house and getting rid of the grout in between the tiles. I used to wonder to myself why is she so meticulous. It's not as if the tiles are dirty. Its already so clean you could practically eat off the floor and yet there she goes. I used to think that she is unnecessarily tiring herself out.

Last night over @ our place, while Umi, my sister, The Don and Alisa (yes, she's our first guest) was watching tv and playing with Muhd Idris, I was doing what I've seen my sister does for years. On my knees and scrubbing!!! Hahahaa. I could hardly sit down on the tikar without noticing the black spots in between some of the tiles. The DON managed to scrub most of it off but its still there, especially at the corners. I could see Alisa look at me bewilderedly and I could read her thoughts:- "my fren has gone "house crazy"!!" Hehehe. You know what they say.. sooner or later you will turn into your own mom! So I guess my journey to there has started circa yesterday.

1 comment:

chics said...

that's what they said..we will eventually turn to be like our mothers and we will find the other half similarly to our fathers..hehe..just remember,just dig all the good traits and leave out the part that you dun really like.